Math

I’m currently a sophomore and I’m considering IB for next year. I’m currently taking PRe-Calc. I was wondering if the first year of IB math AA HL would include a lot of review and if AP Calc BC then a multivariable independent study would be better for me. I want to go into physics so math is extremely important.

Perhaps make your IB and non-IB schedules according to the offerings in each at your school to compare which option’s courses will better prepare you for college generally and for your major(s) of interest. Note that offerings in all subjects can matter.

However, if you do want to advanced further in math, taking calculus BC next year would likely be the way to do that. But beyond that, it would be better to take multivariable calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations at a nearby college rather than self-study, in order to earn college credit that is more likely to be accepted for transfer.

Here’s st i said before:

if its an advice… you shud b fine… my school, and i think IB math HL too… is designed to keep in mind of having no calc backgr.

taking it certainly helps u keep upto speed… but ull be just fine without… as most of my classmates were.

So bottom line… no need, but obv. better if done.

Even in context oh phy,it applies

No need for multivariable knowledge now, but u can learn it on ur own/online/univ. enrollment and so on.