Mathlab rant

<p>Not pleased at all with this damnation of a course. This “Mathlab” mess is HORRIBLE!. The professor might as well not be there, because all the homework and EVEN THE TEST! Are online! Math is NOT a subject to be taking test online on AT ALL. There is all these stupid reasons to give your whole test a 10 point penalty, and if your answer is right it won’t count because you have to put the answer in the form that the machine wants it! The test review is horrible because it gives you 51 questions to study, but only 25 appear on the test. If I wanted an online class I would have signed up for it. In my class last semester I had a 98 in Math, in this Mathlab joke I’m barely making it. Anybody else taking Mathlab and is appalled by it?</p>

<p>What is the course designation exactly, i.e., MA ### or ???</p>

<p>Which math class is this? </p>

<p>Is this the lab time for your math class? What are the other kids experiencing.</p>

<p>Is this a new way this semester?</p>

<p>Only the courses below calculus-level are taught using the Mathlab method. At this point, many thousands of students have taken these classes. If the majority of them did not like this method, it would have been changed by now.</p>

<p>If you feel that you need a traditional classroom experience for any future lower-level math courses you will need to take, Shelton State CC (or your local CC) would be a great place to take them because the credits transfer 1-to-1.</p>

<p>Math 113 which should be a fairly easy course, but alas this MTLC had other plans. I’ve spoken to other upper class STEM major students and they have told me they took all their test on paper. So I’m guessing this thing is new, or either I just got unlucky.</p>

<p>There is only 25% of the class still there at this point so alot must have dropped. But, I myself is still surviving with a 61.5(due to those stupid 10 point penalties). I haven’t finished my study plan yet which worth a whole test grade which I will finish over the thanksgiving break and the final is worth 40% of our grade(the finals are always a breeze if you came to class all semester) so I will make it.</p>

<p>I’ve spoken to other upper class STEM major students</p>

<p>Yes, but were they talking about their Calc classes or classes below Calc? I’m guessing that many STEM majors go right to Calc.</p>

<p>Are you saying that the final for this class will be on paper? If so, that’s good. Get every point that you can on your study plan. With that and your final, you should be ok.</p>

<p>What is your major?</p>

<p>Have you been using math tutoring that’s available?</p>

<p>I am Electrical Engineering, but there was never no need for tutoring, because it was the 10 point penalties that I took on my test that got me in this hole. One was because I registered 2 days too late for one test, and the other one was because I changed my test date(you can change your test date in case of an emergency, but it cost 10 points). My math 125 next semester will be like any other class so no more worrying about dumb penalties next semester.</p>

<p>My S is in 112 but hasn’t mentioned any lAb problems. Have u talked to the teacher ? He was sick for a test and wasn’t able to make it up so he has a 65 now but teacher drops lowest grade so 0 will disappear</p>