Maths course

<p>I took my Aleks and obtained 64% but obtained 86% the second time with my teacher's help. Would I struggle during my First year in Engineering? Should I take a lower maths but would I earn any credit for FYE?</p>

<p>As a junior/ senior in engineering, why did you take an assessment with the help of a teacher?</p>

<p>Better question, why did your teacher willingly help you on a college assessment?</p>

<p>You are obviously, independently, not prepared for MA 161. Which is a “weeder” course. </p>

<p><a href=“Purdue University: Department of Mathematics: Placement and ALEKS Learning Module Information”>http://www.math.purdue.edu/academic/undergrad/placement&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>This is just a disappointing first step towards your college path.</p>

<p>I just want to clarify, The second time I did my ALEKS, my teacher wasn’t physically there. Therefore she couldn’t help me much. I prep myself before doing it the 2nd time.</p>

<p>I just want to know the level of difficulty as a first year student for the MA 161 maths course because I haven’t been studying for 6 months as I took a gap before enrolling to university. I’m a 17 year old Malaysian and don’t
Know much about the american system. So I was contemplating whether I should take a lower level of maths to adjust myself. </p>

<p>… The fact that she was able to help you at all during an assessment is not a good indicator of student ethics… Do not expect anybody else to do the same ever again. Prepping yourself is ok. Outside help isn’t.</p>

<p>Considering your first try was a 64%, I think you’d have to work very hard to pass MA 161.</p>

<p>Take ALEKS again, no help at all, and see what you get this time. Assuming you haven’t just memorized the answers, this should give you a better idea of how you stand than your 86%.</p>