Mattress Topper

<p>I’m looking for a memory foam mattress topper for D’s bed in Ridgecrest West. We don’t have room for it in the car so I’m planning to order online and have it shipped. There aren’t as many in Twin XL size as there are in twin size. Has anyone used a twin topper and if so, did it work or was it awkward? What do you think is the minimum depth that will make the bed comfy? Any recommendations on toppers that have worked for you? Thanks!</p>

<p>We used one of the cheap egg crate-style ones from Target. The kind that sell for 15 dollars and come rolled up. It was fine. The mattresses are covered in a type of plastic. In case you were wondering.</p>

<p>Other folks like the more expensive but much cushier type.</p>

<p>We’ve used regular twin memory foam. Bought at Sams Club.</p>

<p>We got one at Costco .</p>

<p>M2CK - did the twin size work out fine on the Twin XL bed?</p>

<p>I found twin xl through Pottery Barn Teen, and since I was already paying for shipping for a comforter from there I just added the foam as well. I don’t remember it as being too pricey, even though I find most of Pottery Barn’s stuff to be really costly.</p>

<p>I saw a 1.5 memory foam XL twin topper at JCP for $37 that seemed pretty good. There was one same size at BB&B for …ummm…maybe $45.</p>

<p>Twin XML is only 4 inches longer so unless your child’s feet reach the end of the mattress I think regular twin topper should be fine</p>

<p>ordered ours from overstock</p>

<p>reg twin worked fine for us.</p>

<p>I bought D’s at Amazon. Got a 2" firm foam. Not memory though, she doesn’t like that sinking in feeling. I think I paid around $35 with free shipping. I also bought a mattress cover to go over both pad and mattress through Amazon, really cheap. When it arrived, I layed it out on our wood floor and layed on it. It felt great, I think I could have slept on it on a hard surface!</p>

<p>A twin fits fine. We bought our D’s at Costco, but Sams is also a good choice and would be convenient.</p>

<p>We used a regular twin for older D and it worked fine. Just had the short end down by the feet and she said that she never really even noticed that it was shorter than the mattress. Found it on clearance for $9 at Walmart. It was the standard egg crate type.</p>

<p>Since I have boys, they would put the topper all the way to the end. Their pillows (two) tended to fill in the shortfall in the front.</p>

<p>We bought our XL one at Kohls. If the link doesn’t work it’s item 91714701. We paid $86 for it after a coupon and got some Kohls cash back on top of that. </p>

<p>[ViscoFresh</a> 3-in. Memory Foam Mattress Topper - XL Twin](<a href=“http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/giftsforgrads/apartmentdorm/bed/PRD~806172/ViscoFresh+3in+Memory+Foam+Mattress+Topper++XL+Twin.jsp]ViscoFresh”>http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/giftsforgrads/apartmentdorm/bed/PRD~806172/ViscoFresh+3in+Memory+Foam+Mattress+Topper++XL+Twin.jsp)</p>

<p>I bought one at bed bath and beyond that was twinxl(im 6 feet tall…so my feet absolutely hang off a twin bed :slight_smile: it was kind of expensive, but is a quality product. I only bought it there because i got gift cards for graduation though.</p>

<p>Sams had the memory foams on clearance recently, so see if they have any left. </p>

<p>They also have an inexpensive one online… $35
<a href=“http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1390190&navAction=push[/url]”>http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1390190&navAction=push&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Mattress toppers are amazing - invest in a good one and it can make all the difference. I don’t remember what mine cost, but I’ve used it every year in some fashion.</p>

<p>Has anyone gotten the Tempurpedic brand topper? It’s outrageously expensive, but was wondering if it was amazing and lasted the whole 4 years?</p>

<p>We did purchase the Tempurpedic. It is expensive but it has held up perfectly. One year later and it still performs as it did on day one. Try Overstock.com, we found ours there.</p>