Mays Business Honors Admissions

Thanks for your response! We love close to Charlotte - so glad to hear that you loved both

1 Like

What is admitted students day??

@Christa75 For those who have been invited to Mays Business Honors, there is a BH Invitational, for both student & parents, usually in April.
Someone asked if there was an ‘Admitted Student’ day…the BH Invitational is the closest thing.
With 12k+, certainly nothing like an Admitted Student Day for the entire freshman class.

3 Likes

Did your student have another letter or document change in their portal for BH admission? We haven’t had mail in three days due to the weather/power out in Austin. Just trying to see if a decision has been made. Thanks!

@Ohhappyday88 BH notifies thru the mail, not in portal.
Big envelope = acceptance/invitation
Small envelope = ‘thanks for applying’

1 Like

Thanks so much!!!

2 Likes

The mail in Austin has been delayed all week due to the recent ice! The post office lost electricity and can’t sort mail. :crazy_face: Hopefully it will be back to normal this week! But if anyone else has heard–let me know! Thanks!

My son received his Mays Business Honors package in the mail this week. Similar package to what others have posted above.

3 Likes

@Huskies99 congrats!!

Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear back?

And even if we don’t get in we’ll still get a letter? Is not hearing back bad?

Congratulations!!

If you are a Mays parent (parents only, no students), feel free to join this page. It’s All Things Mays! Very friendly, no drama, just Mays related posts & questions.

I saw yesterday, someone is wanting to start a
Class of ‘27 BH GroupMe (for those who have been invited to BH).

Must be a parent to join, must be admitted directly to Mays (no TEAM or wanting to transfer/change majors). Must answer all questions-
incoming freshman are all BUAD and/or BH. Majors aren’t declared until soph/junior year

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

My son got a letter shortly after applied for BH. I believe it said all decisions would be made by February 15. I’ve also read from others that they send both offer letters and letters inviting you to apply again next year.

1 Like

DD got her acceptance packet today!! Dated January 31.

1 Like

@Ohhappyday88 WooHoo!! :clap:t3:

1 Like

Thank you @52AG82 and @TAMUMAMA for all your help!!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

I know I’m early, but my son is hoping to get into Mays and BH. He will apply Aug 1. He goes to a very rigorous, non-ranking school. Will TAMU use his transcript/SRAR grades and course difficulty to rank him?

He has an SAT of 1510 and will be NM Commended for sure, hoping NMSF, but he may be once point short. He should get National Rural Recognition too. He has a 5.0 GPA, 20+ hours of DE classes, and great awards and EC. Will he still have a hard time getting into BH because he’s not ranked?

An admissions counselor told us that he should choose Econ as his second major choice. Does anyone know if Econ fills up quickly with all the Business majors who don’t get into Mays?

We were able to meet with Mays in person after an on campus contact set up the meeting. His scores had already been sent to TAMU and they asked him to fill out a visitor form for BH. Is this helpful at all? I don’t know if they could see his scores, but we didn’t specifically ask to talk to BH, that is just what my contact set up.