Mays Business Honors Admissions

I submitted both! So far I didn’t get anything but I’m asking to be reviewed again because of the other offers I’ve gotten from out of state schools.

Is your son going to BH? Also congrats on the scholarships! Did they say what they were for?

1 Like

@peppypanda that goes over like a lead balloon :neutral_face: A&M doesn’t ‘match’ scholarships from other schools (especially OOS state schools). There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of Valedictorians & students with perfect ACT every year…that never get a dime from A&M. With 55k applicants, safe to say MANY have MUCH higher stats than you do.
If you’re seeking scholarships…A&M isn’t the school for you. Unless you’re NM S/F, National Scholar (which isn’t automatic anymore) or high achieving from a Century Scholar school…don’t count on any :heavy_dollar_sign:.
Your best chance at a small scholarship/award will come thru BH.

2 Likes

One was the Opportunity Award and one was from the National College Board.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!!

2 Likes

@peppypanda and I are attending the March 27 invitational. Anyone else?

1 Like

Yes! We will be there.

2 Likes

We attended on the 20th! It was a great experience and is definitely worth your time to attend!

3 Likes

If admitted to BH, absolutely do NOT miss attending an Invitational! It’s for parents & BH student (no siblings). Super informative, fun, you’ll leave feeling pumped about the program.

If you’re able to attend a local (usually held in Houston, Austin, San Antonio-ish areas) BH event, highly recommend that also. They usually go to several cities, so if you have a conflict, get student to see if another city works with your schedule.

4 Likes

Did anyone go to the reception in Austin last week?

1 Like

We went to the one in Houston the night before the Austin event.

Yes! It was great!

3 Likes

@voda2013 I keep thinking about y’all. Wondering if you’ve made a decision yet?

Not yet; some decisions expected March 30 - April 2. Will surely let you know 1st week of April. Nice to hear from you!

2 Likes

How high is the chance of being moved from waitlist to BH before April 30?
How does the timeline work out for students?

@Mha6514 there is no BH wait list.

I just saw this post. That there might be a Business honors 2027 GroupMe. Have you seen any more about that. Do you know how to get added to it? Thanks.

@cawcaw my BHer is ‘23.
But @TAMUMAMA or @peppypanda might know if there’s a ‘27 Group Me.
Did you & your student attend the BH invitational last week?

Hi. I don’t know about a GroupMe. Sorry!

We live in NC so couldn’t make it - but we did attend a session in late February. It was excellent. I’m afraid I’ll have lots of questions this summer as I don’t know anyone who has gone or is going to TAMU!! But excited for my daughter! :blush:

1 Like