Mays Business School Fall 2019 Transfer Acceptance - TAMU

I’m sure everyone who applied to Mays is still as antsy and nervous as I am for your decision. They seem to be late this year rolling out early decisions. Since we are in a competitive admissions process with only 100 accepted, I wanted to create a consolidated thread for just our department. Please post your stats in this thread, or if you’ve already done so in the primary transfer thread then state that you have. Any viewers can just click on the profile and find the stats in your replies. Be sure to include major, GPA, required coursework completed, whether MGMT 211 has been taken, transferable hours (listed on your audit), any other TCR hours you may have, extra curricular, achievements, work, etc. For example, I’ll provide my stats.

Accounting Major
GPA: 4.0
Req Coursework Completed
MGMT 211 take with Blinn
45 Transferrable hours
15 AP claimed hours (TCR on audit)
60 total
Volunteer: Many hours - Created and manage a scholarship program.
Work: At the time of application, around 35 hrs of work a week. 15 at a corner store and 20 working as an insurance representative.

I encourage all Mays applicants to contribute to help give each other a better idea of everyone else applying as well as provide information for future applicants.

Good luck to everyone!

Supply Chain Major
65 hours completed including MGMT 211
All Req/Rec Coursework Completed
Volunteer: Many hours
Work: At time of application 11 hours a week, not much I know.

Applied 01/01/2019
Audit 02/03/2019

Good luck to everyone hope we find out very soon the wait is unbearable!

Im not a Mays applicant, but I just wanna say yall are way too tensed. everyone’s stat looks very impressive and im sure you would all get in!

Management Information Systems
GPA: 3.85
60 Hours completed
No MGMT 211
All Rec/Req courses competed
Essay A and C
2 strong rec letters
30+ Hours/week work throughout school
6 month full-time IT business internship

Applied 01/02/2019

My stats aren’t as strong as you guys’ but both of you have amazing stats. Honestly if both of you don’t get in, I don’t see anyone who would lol. I wouldn’t worry at all if I were y’all.

Accounting
GPA: 3.6
60 Hours complete including MGMT 211
All Rec/Req courses completed
Essay A
Own and operate successful bookkeeping and tax preparation business as well as multiple other local businesses

Applied 1/28/2019
Audit 2/17/2019

My GPA is not where I would like it to be, but I am hoping my business background and experience in the field of accounting will carry the excess needed for admission. Luckily I am a realist and understand that the cards might not be in the deck, especially after seeing most of the stats of applicants on these forums lol. Its an uphill battle, but well worth the shot.

Management Major
Req Coursework Completed
MGMT 211 take with Blinn
42 Transferrable hours will have 55 hours after the spring semester
Volunteer: Many hours
Work: around 20 hours a week

Applied: 01/03/2019
Audit: 02/03/2019

Accounting Major
All required classes completed
No MGMT 211
42 Transferable hours
14 AP TCR hours
Limited volunteering hours & work full time during summer
Strong essay Essay A

Applied: 01/25/2019
Audit: 02/05/2019

Major: Finance
GPA: 3.80
Credits: 70
Required course work: completed with all A’s
Recommend coursework: in progress 99.333
Law enforcement (4 years), retail management (3 years) work experience
Work 42 hours a week plus OT
Letter of recommendation from department chair of business at CC, sheriff, and sergeant.
Two C’s from spring 2015 (English 1301 and business computer applications). All A’s after that.
First generation student.
Strong essay.
Junior level upon arrival.
Volunteer hours: 200+
Applied on 1/1/2019
Audit on 2/1/2019

Has anyone noticed some changes in their financial aid portal? The financial aid office is asking for a bunch of info like a student asset sheet, I called and explained my situation to the financial aid office and filled it out as they told me to. Previous years tax forms (2016 and 2017, they already have 2018) sent them in the mail they haven’t arrived yet, I did the IRS data retrieval tool on my FAFSA, and now they say I’m eligible for a $10,000 scholarship for study abroad, gives me a link to pick a study abroad program, and allows me to apply for it. Could all these changes mean a good thing? This seems like a lot of work for a student who hasn’t been accepted yet… Maybe I’m just grasping at straws here… Just wondering if anyone else has these changes happening in their financial aid portal.

Wait, @wonderlust1 who says you are eligible for $10k study abroad? A&M has offered you that scholarship? That’s on your Howdy portal?

in the financial aid portal, it states “HAVE YOU CONSIDERED STUDYING ABROAD? Our records indicate that you may qualify for up to $10,000 in funding to study abroad. In addition to federal and state financial aid programs, the Texas A&M Global Opportunity Fund is available to assist you with the cost of participating in an approved study abroad program. Funding is awarded by Scholarships & Financial Aid for the semester of the abroad experience. To learn about the many study abroad opportunities, visit studyabroad.tamu.edu”. When I click the link it gives me a list of study abroad programs for finance and has a button to allow me to apply at the bottom after selecting one.

@wonderlust1 that is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard?! You haven’t even been accepted yet??

Nope… I don’t even have 6 tabs.

@wonderlust1 I don’t think you’re being offered a scholarship, but potential financial aid. But still, that is ODD, if you haven’t even been accepted yet. Fingers crossed this means an offer is coming! ??

@wonderlust1 how did you access the financial aid portal, and have you already applied for FASFA?

Can we all get tabs already lol. I’m losing it

yes, I applied for the FAFSA in October. Go to howdy and click the drop-down menu on the applicant tab click on Financial Aid portal. Then click on Financial Aid portal link. Make sure the year in the top left under “howdy your name” is on the correct year and there you go.

@52AG82 This could be. It just showed up today. I’m just wondering why it’s now and if anyone else has it.
@Aggie21 You go into howdy click the drop-down menu on the applicant tab and click financial aid portal. then click the blue link labeled financial aid portal. yes, I applied for it in October.

@wonderlust1 I haven’t applied yet because I thought I would have to be admitted in order to receive anything, and i wasn’t even positive i could apply.

IDK I just did it to get it out of the way. It probably doesn’t matter unless you get accepted anyway.