Mays Business School (Transfer Student)

<p>Has anyone yet received their acceptance notification for any major within the Mays business school?</p>

<p>No nothing yet.</p>

<p>I have been waiting for about 1 month now to get a decision from this university. It is absolutely nerve-racking having to play the waiting game with some schools!</p>

<p>Yea I feel ya. I’ve been waiting three months!</p>

<p>At last my approval letter has come! When I heard the target acceptance rate for external transfers was only about 100 students I thought that my chances were pretty slim. But, now I know that I am one of a select few elite students to be accepted to such a high-ranked and prestigious business school! Good luck to any other students applying.</p>

<p>Congrats! I got accepted too!</p>

<p>Congratulations to you, too! Perhaps we will cross paths in the not too distant future. I still have one more school I am waiting on until I make a decision of whether or not to accept.</p>

<p>Yea I know! I’ll be goin to Texas A&M! I got accepted to Baylor, SMU, and UT. Where have you gotten accepted to?</p>

<p>Northeastern, University of Arizona & Columbia University. The only reason I am not seriously entertaining Columbia is because 1.) I do not particularly care for New York, and 2.) The cost is outrageous to both live and go to school in Manhattan. I just wanted to know for myself if I had an academic record worthy enough to get into an Ivy League school.</p>

<p>Wow that’s awesome, hopefully u can make a decision you will be happy with!</p>

<p>Shoney and JesusRules, could you two post the stats you were accepted with. I intend to transfer to Mays next year and am wondering about what I should be shooting for</p>

<p>Hi,
Have a 3.7gpa and all A’s and 1 B on my pre-reques:)</p>

<p>Is GPA the only thing considered when transferring? What else could I do to improve my chances of acceptance</p>

<p>@richmonds The gpa is not the only thing considered. The essay is heavily considered. If you want more info here is the email of Jon Buchanan. He is an advisor at Texas A&m and gives detailed answers to questions like yours. Here is his email <a href=“mailto:jon.buchanan@tamu.edu”>jon.buchanan@tamu.edu</a>. You should email him:)</p>

<p>@richmonds My final GPA was a 3.96 from the junior college I previously attended. I do have to agree that the essay is heavily weighted in the final decision as this really shows the admission people what kind of person you are and also aspire to become in the future.</p>

<p>@shoney123‌ Do you know if extracurriculars matter much? I go to school in the evening,and all the action happens in the morning. Any other advice is greatly appreciated!</p>