Mays Business School Transfer

<p>I am posting for a friend who does not have a college confidential account. He is a transfer student from University of Arkansas and has 30 credits with a 3.9 GPA BUT does not have all of the required classes that they say you need to be admitted into the Mays School of Business. Is it possible that he could be admitted without these classes because his grades are so high? Or is it an automatic denial because the classes aren't met. I am asking because I got admitted into the Psychology program in the college of liberal arts and I was told that i would not be admitted to the major unless i had certain classes completed, and even without those classes completed I was admitted.</p>

<p>Please let me know!</p>

<p>My son is transferring within A&M into Mays and he was told he has to stay in the transition program (GEST) until he completes the required classes. (He already meets the grade requirements.) He only lacks one more class, so he is taking it during the first summer semester. </p>

<p>My son transferred within A&M to Mays. As an internal Transfer (Change-of-Curriculum), he had to complete all the Mays requirements before he could apply for a Change-of-Curriculum. The 2013-2014 target admission for External Transfer students into Mays is only 100 students so getting into Mays is very competitive. Below is a URL with some additional information on Mays external transfer expectations that your friend may find helpful. </p>

<p><a href=“http://mays.tamu.edu/upo/enrollment-management/”>http://mays.tamu.edu/upo/enrollment-management/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>@blinkTexas would you be willing to share more specifics about your son’s transfer? My daughter is currently a freshman at A&M and is interested in transferring into Mays. I know of the required courses and of the minimum 3.3 GPA, but with the limited number of spots available I would like to have an idea of whether a 3.3 will actually be high enough to be admitted. Do you have any advice?</p>