Mays Business School

When we took an official tour last spring, during the admission presentation, the presenter stated to apply early. He said for example, the business school is usually full by Oct 15th. This surprised me, but we did in fact apply early, 8/31. We are OOS. If they fill all of the spots, will they let us know so that we can move on???

@Abridger what are the student stats? Did they list a 2nd major?
@ChristiR93 is best for a reply.

4.2 GPA, 1300 SAT. He did not put a second major.
Eagle Scout
NHS
Owns and markets 2 businesses. Also works very part time at a local physician’s office providing IT support.
It’s a long shot, we know.

I should also add he is a clay target shooter, which is initially how he became interested in TAMU.

1 Like

He has a good shot at admissions but not sure he’ll make it early enough for Mays. They will not let you know until he’s accepted. You can however find out on here when people get accepted to their 2nd choice major but listed Mays as first. Hopefully he hears soon tho!!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. If he did not list second major and they would not accept him, do you think they would wait until Jan-March to let him know???

Yes. That’s highly possible.

Adding to my response for clarification.

Those that are denied or given PSA here in late January or February. Some even later.

Those that get team or gateway hear no earlier than January.

Those that get option to chose team/waitlist/or both don’t hear til March/April if they choose both or waitlist. But if choose team, they head back within a couple of weeks.

If you don’t have 2nd choice major listed but Tamu accepts applicant and Mays is full, they will ask if there’s another major that interests him.

Clear as mud? Lol. And I didn’t even give all the options that come out. But definitely posted most of them.

What does PSA mean???

It’s where you go to a Tamu system school like corpus or kingsville etc. you have to meet the requirements in the first year and then you move straight to Tamu main campus. Not all majors offer this program but you can still be offered psa.

Go to tamus freshman admission page and see all the options/offers that could happen. PSA is considered a soft denial to some.

My kid is given a class rank of ‘1st quarter’ in AIS. We did prefer to report scores after checking out few sites which were showing the scores are within the range. Haven’t seen a decision yet. Any thoughts on the test score range for getting into Mays for folks with 3.81 Unweighted / 4.94 Weighted GPA?