Mays external transfer

I went to started college last spring (broke my leg in the summer) and I went to Western Texas College for sports, but then after getting a 4.0 there I did online classes at both Blinn and Lone Star in the summer and I took 9 classes in that summer. I did Lone Star for this Fall and I applied January 23rd. I ended up with a 3.86 GPA and I got accepted about 2 weeks after applying which is pretty quick for Mays. I think what made my application look good was that I completed 9 classes in one summer while working full time and kept my grades high

Ok thanks, do you know if AP credits will transfer if I passed the tests? For the required house I’ll have econ, eng, and one of the business maths completed if they accept my AP credit for that. Or do they have to be graded hours?

What do you mean AP credit? Are you a current high school student?

Yes I am. I’ll have 9 of the required class hours credited due to AP.

Talked to an admissions counselor today. AP classes do NOT go towards your transferable credit hours, but they do count as completing the courses. This sets me back a good bit, thought I would have around 45 credit hours now I’ll only have 24 or 27. Still doable, but now I would have to take 3 classes in the summer at blinn, any classes recommended?

So glad you got the answer I thought it was only because I was wondering why you were given wrong info.

I’m happy to chat with you or message you. I’m on vacay but will be back next week.

1 Like