Mays Transformational Leadership Academy?

Has anyone else (or their student) received an invitation to apply for the Mays Transformational Leadership Academy? I kept forgetting to mention it here. My student received an invitation about a month ago, and submitted his application. He’s expressed interest in Mays Business School at TAMU, and he’s a current high school Junior who will be an auto admit. He got the invitation based on Class Rank, PSAT, SAT, scores, and leadership activities, according to the email.

I searched this forum, and then all of CC, and I can’t find any reference to this program. Has anyone ever attended? If so, how did you like it? What else can you share about it?

I’m surprised that there are no responses or experiences to report, given that this a Mays program. Apparently the program has been going for at least a couple of years. There’s no cost if the student is selected. It’s geared towards underrepresented groups, but does not appear to be limited to “underrepresented minorities”, so it should be of interest to anyone who meets the requirements to apply, who may be interested in Mays.

Requirements:

1. Test scores
    -SAT 1200 or higher
    -ACT 25 or higher
    -PSAT 1100 or higher
  1. Class rankings -Top 15% or better
  2. Demonstrated leadership and professional/career aspirations

I saw this program advertised on the Mays FB page last week. I have never heard about it before, and wish I had known about it for my daughter last year-sounds amazing!
My daughter will be a freshman in Business Honors in the Fall.