Mays

<p>Can anyone taking classes at Mays give me some insight as to what its like? Overall, coursework, job outlooks, heck even if you enjoy it or not.</p>

<p>I transferred into A&M after a year at a CC. I got into General Studies and had some basic stuff at Mays’ to finish up such as business law, and accounting. </p>

<p>Business law was a pain in the butt because the test were tricky with answer choices like A & B but not C. </p>

<p>Accounting will scare a lot of people but you just need to keep up with it and practice. </p>

<p>But anyways, now I am in upper-level and sadly it doesn’t seem like much has changed (I am taking required upper-level courses aka. CBK common body of knowledge) like marketing, the management process (organizational behavior), information & operations management, and business statistical methods. </p>

<p>My impression so far, is if you want an A in classes you really need to bust your @$$ to know nitty picky stuff that the professors like to put in their test to make it hard for that A. B’s are definitely do able if you stay on top of your work and study for exams. The professors are great people (some are really funny during lecture, and great to get to know in office hours), and they really do care but overall it seems they just want to trip you up with things on exams. Obviously they don’t want business to be an easy mode A.</p>

<p>Mays’ is loaded with sorority girls and frat guys but they aren’t necessarily the majority. Lot of good looking ladies, haha.</p>

<p>How I have felt about my Mays’ experience is that I am just trying to get through these required courses to the ones that MIGHT interest me. I wouldn’t say I am enjoying the classes, but I don’t dislike them (some stuff is really interesting, and you can see concepts in the real world). But well, I am just in the middle, trying to get the work done for that piece of paper when I graduate. </p>

<p>Mays’ and Texas A&M is very reputable with businesses around the country because the standard we Aggies’ hold ourselves to, and our Core Values here at A&M are very reflective of what businesses seek in potential hires. If you ever are on west campus during a career fair, there are many many different companies that come through. </p>

<p>If you are curious, I am going Supply Chain Management. I feel though if you are going into business it really ought to be in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management Information Systems and maybe Supply chain. Those give people background on subjects that I don’t feel are as easy to pick up like Management for instance.</p>

<p>Hope I helped, if you have anymore questions let me know.</p>

<p>My ranking of majors would go</p>

<p>PPA (accounting)
Finance/Info Systems/Supply Chain</p>

<p>Management</p>

<p>Marketing</p>

<p>@bhthx1 Hey there! Thanks for the very informative response! I am planning on majoring in Finance. What is the general view of business majors at A&M? Im from Houston and ultimately want to move back after graduation. Do you think I would have any issues what so ever finding a job in Houston? (I would think its a perfect spot) Or am i mistaken?</p>

<p>Mays isn’t too difficult. If you put in the work you can get an A or B in every single class. If you want to work in Houston after graduation, you won’t have a problem doing that, especially if you do pretty well here.</p>

<p>How hard is it to get into the honors college at Mays for incoming freshman?</p>

<p>pretty rare rushedmom. I’m pretty sure it has to do with your class rank, SAT scores, and gpa</p>

<p>I believe they take around 80 kids.</p>

<p>Just got into Mays today! :D</p>

<p>Can anyone tell me if Mays is already full for fall 2012? I heard some majors are full at A&M and am curious if this is true and if so, which are full. Also, are there different requirements for entry into Mays vs. other majors. I have search the site and feel like I am going in circles and can’t find the answers to my questions.</p>