Mays

If I qualify as an auto admit, is A&M good about giving these students their first choice major? Specifically, is it almost certain they would give me a spot in Mays?

@bcp119 Mays takes 1000 freshmen. If you are an top 10% or academic admit to A&M, and there are spaces still open, you get a spot in Mays.

Applications opened July 1. There have been years where auto/academic admits had to chose another open major, because Mays was full by the time they applied. This was around mid November, when applications opened Aug. 1. I do not know at what point Mays was full last year. But if you want to read last years results thread, you might find it.

Point is, don’t put off getting your application file complete.

My application was post marked (supposedly) complete on July 5th according to someone at the Office of Admissions. I submitted the ApplyTexas app on July 1st. So I should be good for Mays, correct?

@bcp119 Your application file needs to be complete, with transcript from high school, and essay before you are The letter of recommendation and resume is optional. What does your AIS say? Do you have check marks by all of your required items?
If so, you are good and if the trend holds, notifications start rolling out for auto and academic admits anywhere around the 19th-21 of September.