McBurney Questions

<p>Does anyone know anything about this? All I know is that it addresses applicants and students with disabilities. Initially I was a little bummed out that I didn't have the stats to be a competitive applicant at UW. I've been sick with a disabling illness since before freshman year and have recently just gotten it under control with medication. Being that it is my senior year, that really doesn't help as my grades are shot. I don't want to go on with the sob story, but I have gotten medical documentation for the duration of the illness from one of the doctors after learning about this. I'm not really sure how the whole admissions process for McBurney works or if it's even worth investigating? I do know that the disability must be disclosed in the applicant's essay and you can't really "apply" to the program. I have "average" grades...about a 3.3 or 3.4 GPA and a 24 ACT. My GPA is rising as I'm doing better. Currently, I am enrolled in 2 of the only 3 AP classes that my school offers (not many!) and I'd say my courseload overall is challenging. Is it even worth it too apply to UW? Would this consideration and supplemental review apply to me?</p>

<p>Sorry if this seems vague, I'm just looking for anyone who knows anything about this. If it matters, I am in-state. Thank you in advance.</p>

<p>Call someone on the phone and ask your questions, the phone numbers should be on the website. I doubt you would get preferential treatment in getting admitted because of a disability (if you needed accomodations for the ACT they were available so if you don't like your score retake it); McBurney would be of help AFTER you are admitted. Remember, if you are admitted you need to be able to keep up with the coursework; you may be better off starting at a school that puts you in the middle instead of below most students. Even with no disablities UW Madison is not a good fit for all students. Don't want to burst your bubble but you really want to be well prepared for UW, plenty of kids who do well on AP exams will be at the other state schools. Please also talk to your HS guidance counselor and your parents. Good luck!</p>