McGill Decisions Class of 2027

I am freaking out. I just accepted my offer of admission and I mistakenly declined the major scholarship I received. I am completely freaked out and hope they will be able to help me on Monday. I already sent an email. Do you think I will be fine?

Are you not go to Harvard as per your early post?

1 Like

Are they doing admissions from waitlist based on citizenship? My son was RDP for months, then last minute (2 days before May 1-American college deadline) it changed to waitlisted. He exceeds requirements for both chosen majors (3.9 unweighted GPA. IB student in US high school-conservative predicted score 39/40). Very confusing admissions process.

How about giving people a deadline so students who actually have McGill as first choice can matriculate versus a student who really has intentions of going elsewhere

@HigherTruth what is his target major/school @McGill, their 2022 IB cut vs his predicted 39/40? Is he applying one major/one school, one major/two schools, or simultaneously to several majors with different cuts?

Our school advisor recommended not to report SAT for those taking IB.

on a rolling admission schedule, they would normally accept IB expected 41-45 ahead of him in the timeline.

No i was just messing around haha. committing to McGill

1 Like

McGill is required to have 50% of undergraduates be Quebec residents. That requirement started a couple of years ago. So, residency may affect decisions.

Just received an additional 2k scholarship

2 Likes

I got in from a US high school. Just got off the waiting list yesterday. I called admissions and received a status change a week later.

3 Likes

congrats, about time!

1 Like

I’m still RDP. Should I give them a call? Or should I just keep waiting?

So am I. I’m not sure how to proceed. Do they still admit after May or is it a lost cause?

1 Like

I called and they said that we have to be patient, there’s nothing they can do. I guess we’ll just keep waiting.

1 Like

They admit right up until August, although the August admits are generally transfers. Hopefully you’ll hear soon.

1 Like

Applying as an ON student but am currently on exchange in Norway, which makes my application timeline unclear. Applied to Management and Arts in Early Jan and heard nothing until mid-late May when they finally asked me for semester 1 grades and clarification regarding my exchange equivalencies. Any thoughts or knowledge on when I should hear more? Status currently on Further Review Required (FRR). I also submitted a letter of extenuating circumstance considering that my studies this year are in Norwegian, which I have been learning throughout the year. Would love to hear if anyone has any insight. Thanks