McGill Decisions Class of 2027

Son admitted into Economics. Awaiting Desautel business school

1 Like

I was admitted yesterday (12/21) to the Faculty of Arts and Science and the Faculty of Management :partying_face: My SAT was a 1450(710 EBRW/740 Math) and I had all A’s in my sophomore and junior year and in the first quarter of my senior year. Good luck to all applicants!

4 Likes

Daughter admitted to Faculty of Arts. Midyear grades requested for Faculty of Science.
SAT 1600, 3.8/4 unweighted gpa. A/A- grades in English (honors, no AP available). A-/B grades in math, likely prompting Science’s request for semester grades.
Canadian citizen in US.

1 Like

My daughter got a 1580 on the SAT . She has a 3.9 GPA at a prestigious public high school in NYC. She applied for Biomedical Engineering. In 10 th grade during remote learning , during the first semester she received an 86 in English and AP Biology and 90 in honors Algebra 2. During the second semester she received an 89 in AP Biology and 91 in honor Algebra 2. She applied on 10/10 , sent in the self reported grades on 12/17 and received an email asking foe mid year grades on 12/21.

when they asked for mid year grades, did they ask her to self-report them as well? or did she need an official transcript?

They asked for her to self report the 13 th grade mid year grades.

gotcha, thanks!

Their website seems clear about minima, but not completely clear about what is the clearing level for grades / SAT as illustrated in this thread. is there some clarify by department, where one can identify their admission line?

SAT 1480 SAT
GPA 3.9
IB expected 40

would that qualify for admission to environmental science/engineering, and if so immediately 3 weeks after submission, or would it come later upon further checks like first semester grades?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by “clearing level”.

Here are the minima for last year for US applicants. McGill looks at the Unweighted GPA.
Requirements for U.S. applicants | Undergraduate Admissions - McGill University

1 Like

thanks, by “clearing level” I meant a grade average which comfortably secures admission, and if possible earlier notice (ie Oct/Nov/Dec) in their rolling admission instead of at the very end of the rolling cycle

SAT 1480 SAT
GPA 3.9 (adjusted from British system 6.5/7.0)
IB expected 38/42
International Student

the McGill sites identifies substantially different requirements for D24’s subjects of interest: Bioengineering (minimum 40/42), Environmental Science (30/42). From that listing it would seem that D24 does not qualify (38<40) for Bioengineering, qualifies for Arts & Science (38=38), and qualifies comfortably for Environmental Sciences (38>>30)

It appears from the CC talk in forums from last year that several McGill decisions were released in early January. Anyone heard anything from McGill this week?

McGill, like all universities, is shut down this week.

1 Like

My calendar says it’s still December

1 Like

Admissions office open again so decisions should start rolling out again this week

2 Likes

My son (American, Boston area) was accepted 12/14 to Arts. Does consideration for the one-time entrance scholarship only happen after he accepts the offer or is it part of the offer?

same question here. Anyone have any input on this?

2 Likes

No, The one time entrance scholarship is offered at the time of the admission . If its not offered - its not given to the student.
The renewble scholarship offer come separately later. For renewble academic scholarship there is an additinal application one has to submit. Deadline I think was in January sometime last year.

No. The one-time entrance scholarship comes with the admission. No need to accept admission, it should be included.
There is also a Major Renewable Scholarship but, this requires a separate application. Amounts vary. And, of course, minima are higher.

Thanks! I double-checked, and there is not an offer for the one-time entrance scholarship in the Minerva portal or the letter. We’re still excited for him to enroll in the fall. Just sent the deposit in yesterday.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted today and didn’t have scholarship either. She has very high stats so I was surprised. I reached out to another family with a child who was recently accepted and they said the scholarship showed up a few days after the acceptance did. Fingers crossed, right?

4 Likes