McGill or Virginia Tech for Engineering?

<p>I have to decide soon! Where would you go? Why? This is a hard choice for me because I was born in Montreal and have been living in the Virginia most of my years. Having visited and researched both schools I am under the impression that:</p>

<p>McGill Pros: Nice city with a lot to do; Excellent international reputation; medium size engineering program; lots of family close-by; top school in Canada.</p>

<p>McGill Cons: Not much school spirit - commuter school? Hugh freshman classes; more difficult to get job in Virginia; I don't know anyone there.</p>

<p>VTech Pros: Strong alumni network and job placement in Virginia; strong school spirit; driving distance to home; residential school; lots of school friends will be going.</p>

<p>VTech Cons: Small isolated town; very large engineering program; academic rigor and recognition less than McGill? </p>

<p>Did I miss something?</p>

<p>I would question that VT's academic rigor and recognition is not as great as McGill - this is not the case for the engineering school. Probably after 4/16, VT's name will be recognized even more than it already is on an international scale.</p>

<p>Also, the alumni network extends further than just Virginia.</p>

<p>Good luck making your decision. Ultimately you will be living there for at least 4 years. If all other things are equal to you, look to your creature comforts next (food, room, clubs, activities, weather, etc).</p>