MD/ DC/ VA/ DE families and Students of UA

<p>Chicago has a facebook page for parents/students to network. I was wondering if anyone else in the DC and surrounding areas might be interested in doing this too? I thought it may be helpful for the following info:

1. Ride Sharing
  2. other transport info (like airfare sales)
  3. Share planning and logistics tips (like getting the “stuff” to school in the fall)
  4. ask alumni from the DC area to provide info
  5. Ask local rep to provide input/updates
  6. whatever else may be helpful to those of us in this area. </p>

<p>Let me know what you think. If there is an interest, I would be happy to set the page up. Or I may ask the local rep to set it up, so she is the administrator of it long term. </p>

<p>Here is the CC link to the Chicago page. Maybe a Chicago parent could let us know if this page is helpful to them? </p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1278918-chicagoland-parent-facebook-page.html?highlight=chicago+parents+facebook[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1278918-chicagoland-parent-facebook-page.html?highlight=chicago+parents+facebook</a></p>

<p>I would be interested. Great idea, thanks.</p>

<p>Sure, and I think the regional rep would be glad to assist in some way.</p>

<p>I think this is a great idea. My son is a current freshman and we live in the Richmond, Va. area. Rides home are a pain in the ___ for us as he is in the band and their schedule doesn’t always correlate with the school schedule. For all you new parents out there he loves it. Many opportunities, lots of nice people and just in general a good thing. And he is NOT CBHP or NMF. He is in honors.</p>

<p>I sent an email to the area rep re: this. It appears that the previous rep, Elizabeth, is now in VA/DC , and there is a new one in MD/DE area, Michelle. It would be nice if Michelle and Elizabeth would work together on a FB page so we can network and get feedback from them. If not, I can set it up so we can network. </p>

<p>Thanks everyone !</p>