ME To PetE

<p>Hello, first time using this and ive been asking this my questions since junior year of high school. I am a current student in NJIT, majoring in ME. I always desired going into PetE, and transferring out in my sophomore or junior year to like Texas A&M, Alaska Fairbanks, or LSU. I am still a freshman in college. but a couple of questions run in mind. so i hope i can get real advice and help.</p>

<ol>
<li>Can it be possible to transfer into a PetE program in sophomore or junior year of college and transfer my credits?</li>
<li>Am i wasting my time studyin ME, and should go ASAP into a PetE program?</li>
<li>Double major in PetE and Geology? or Just minor in Geology. </li>
<li>Should i stay in NJIT, major in ME, and master in PetE, since if i dont like PetE, ill still have a ME degree, and i heard ME's can be petroleum engineers</li>
<li>Life as a PetE</li>
</ol>

<p>I have done alot of searching and thinking. dont get me wrong, i love PetE. Those are my top college choices. Had a 3.6/4.0 gpa in high school. My college courses are going fine. SOORRY ABOUT THE QUESTIONS, but they would be a great help if some at least are anwered. i have been using CC but never posted, so this will be my first for now. thank you guys</p>

<p>bump…</p>

<p>Those are some very specialized questions. In order to answer them properly, someone would have to look at your transcript, see what classes you have taken, and see what would transfer to A&M and compare it to the PetE degree plan.</p>

<p>Whew.</p>

<p>You should set up a consultation with an adviser in the A&M Engineering department so that you guys can look at the information together. I’d call them if I were you.</p>

<p>classes ive taken: is humanities, fundamental of engineering desgin, social sciences, fundamentals of chem I, trigonometry&differencal calc…next semster, ill be taking calc I, physics I and lab, humanites II, chem II and lab, computer science,</p>

<p>Looks like mostly core curriculum classes so far. It might take you a while to get through the course curriculum because of the way your current year is structured. I still suggest you contact someone in the Engineering department, and see if they would advise you if you could send a transcript.</p>

<p>ya will do…anymore?</p>

<p>bump…</p>