Meal plan question

<p>Your son and his suite-mates should have set that kid up with a failed biology lab experiment disguised as dinner. A day puking his guts out would’ve taught him to not eat what wasn’t his :-)</p>

<p>i don’t think pooling food works very well with this age. even if they all pitch in to buy stuff, there will always be someone that eats way more than their fair share.</p>

<p>True…but such a person should be aware that they’re a “big eater” and contribute more. lol</p>

<p>And, it’s hard to have 4 gallons of milk in the fridge! </p>

<p>The boys felt that the 3 of them were very fair with each other…just one was a total mooch by not contributing ANYTHING, yet eating!!!</p>

<p>yes - i agree that 4 gallons of milk in the fridge is not that reasonable, but it does get old going to have a glass of milk and finding that someone used all the milk AGAIN!</p>

<p>they should have tossed the moocher out on his ear!</p>

<p>i can’t believe the other guys LET him eat their stuff for so long if he was not contributing anything!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>2-Liter bottles of Publix-brand soft drinks are often on sale for 58 cents each and are something like 88 cents at regular price. Pepsi and Coke are usually on sale for $1.25 each.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Eating out can be done cheaply, but it doesn’t sound like your brother is the type of person to clip coupons and eat off the dollar menu. I was eating very cheaply at Arby’s by using coupons and participating in their rewards program (Tuscaloosa is a test market).</p>

<p>One easy way to save money while eating out is to avoid items that carry high profit margins for the establishment such as drinks and desserts. I don’t drink soda or caffeine
(not for religious reasons; I just don’t enjoy consuming either of them), so it is easier for me, but anyone can just have water with their meal. Tuscaloosa has great tap water (very soft) and UA has drinking fountains in every building.</p>

<p>He’ll eat off the McDonalds dollar menu. It’s just that he’ll eat about 10 things off it :slight_smile: The boy ain’t fat but damn can he put away some food. </p>

<p>There were always great coupons showing up in the mail box when I was at UA. And not sure if they still do it but all the pizza places back then would honor the other establishments coupons.</p>

<p>Thankfully DS will have his car and Costco membership this year, planning on storing cases of Arnold Palmer under his bed… I hear you about seeing those late night vending machine sodas on the Action Card.</p>

<p>There isn’t a Costco near T-town.</p>

<p>There is a Sams Club…and I was able to add my son for about $13 to my membership. He can get gas there as well.</p>

<p>Say, I can’t find where the fall meal plans are up on the Bama dining site. Am I just missing something, or are they not available yet? When I got to the Upperclassmen meal plans & then “order meal plan” all that shows are summer options -</p>

<p>I vote Sea Tide goes on payroll and teaches a required College Dining 101 course for all of our kiddos!!</p>

<p>^I know Mom2K, but Hoover is definitely close enough for every month or so.
Guess “near” is a relative term :)</p>

<p>timeflew - we found it under MyBama</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>maybe you have to confirm your fall schedule first??</p>

<p>*Say, I can’t find where the fall meal plans are up on the Bama dining site. *</p>

<p>I had to email Bama Dining because the old links weren’t there.</p>

<p>here’s their answer…</p>

<p>When you log into your My Bama, click on the Student tab at the top of the page. </p>

<p>There will be a box on the top left that says Banner Self Service. </p>

<p>In this box click on Student Services. </p>

<p>Then you will click on Student Life. </p>

<p>At this point you can click on Apply for a Meal Plan. </p>

<p>Select your term which will be Fall 2011 and then you will be prompted with a drop down of the meal plans that are available for the 2011-2012 year. </p>

<p>^I know Mom2K, but Hoover is definitely close enough for every month or so</p>

<p>Do you have a Sam’s near you? If so, for the price of gas for one round trip to Hoover, you could get a membership. It’s very convenient…it’s right next to Walmart and has gasoline.</p>

<p>You don’t even need to add your child for an extra cost if you just list as your second person.</p>

<p>*i don’t think pooling food works very well with this age. *</p>

<p>I agree it’s a problem…</p>

<p>I think both sons are going to keep a small fridge in their rooms. </p>

<p>I had a moocher roomie while in college. It drove me crazy.</p>

<p>Heck no to the Sam’s! Costco is putting food on our table and $$ in our pocket - both DH and DS work for the company.</p>

<p>AL34 - sounds like a carpool maybe in the works - we too love Costco. I can send S gift card and he doesn’t even need his own membership.</p>

<p>I like Costco and Sam’s Club for different things. I have specifically gone to Hoover to go to Costco. </p>

<p>FWIW, Sam’s Club offers a collegiate membership that gives the student a $10 gift card each year and includes all the benefits of a standard membership.</p>

<p>definitely socal - I’m sure my DS and yours would have a rip-roarin’ time with all the familiar food court stuff! He’s definitely planning on getting out there so will have to make sure your DS gets with him on that.</p>

<p>^^^I’m going to have to check out this Costco next time I’m in Hoover. I am definitely planning a return trip to the Riverchase Galleria, as well as a Birmingham Barons game if they’re in town. We only have Sam’s Club in our area, but we are not members.</p>

<p>We belong to Sams and Costco. There are things that each has that the other doesn’t. </p>

<p>*Sam’s Club offers a collegiate membership that gives the student a $10 gift card each year and includes all the benefits of a standard membership. *</p>

<p>nice!!</p>

<p>*I can send S gift card and he doesn’t even need his own membership. *</p>

<p>Wow…is that true? If you buy someone a gift card, they can go in and shop without a membership?</p>

<p>yes, it’s true! : )</p>