Meal Plans

<p>I'm very confused, and behind, because I still haven't registered for a meal plan. I've been looking on line at both the Major and Mega Flex plans.
Student</a> Programs - Virginia Tech - Dining Guide
Let say I go with the Major. I get $430 dollars. So if I eat three meals a day at D2, $7.85, I'll only get about eight weeks of food, And D2 is the cheapest. Even moving up to Mega will only net you nine and a half weeks of food.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem like a lot, specially if your going to go somewhere else besides D2, which is more expensive.
I though colleges did like 18 meals a week style plans, but I see no mention of this on VT's website. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Forgive me if I'm, missing something completely obvious.</p>

<p>Some places are actually cheaper than D2 depending on what you get. Those prices are just the buffets; they leave out West End and Owens (a la carte) because you can pay anything from a dollar to however much you want depending on what you get.</p>

<p>The meal plan isn't made so that you can eat 3 meals a day every day, and if you do then yes, you'll run out. The good news is if you have the Mega or Major meal plans you can just add more money. You can do that online or at machines they have around campus. I usually ate 2 meals on campus a day and came up a short with about 3 weeks left. I'd eat breakfast in my room and a couple times a week make my own lunch. But like I said, all you have to do is add money and you get the half off like usual. Note: That's ONLY on Mega and Major. On the off-campus plans it's different.</p>