Mechanical ENGR Schedule question

<p>My DS scored 5 on his AP Physics and AP Calc exams last Spring. He was awarded credit for PH 101, PH 102 and MATH 125. This semester he is taking tacking MATH 126.</p>

<p>I have been studying the Mechanical ENGR Flowchart. Does my DS still required to take PH 105? Since he already got credit for PH 101, he will not get credit for PH 105. </p>

<p>(*Degree credit can only be awarded for one of the following: PH 101, PH 105, or PH 125.)</p>

<p>Can anyone help clarify this?</p>

<p>I wish I could help you with this, but we didn’t do Physics AP. A friend self studied for the Physics AP test and somehow doesn’t have to take any physics, but he’s a chem eng major.</p>

<p>I would call the mech eng department office. They are open during the break, and hopefully could at least point you in the right direction for an answer to your question.</p>

<p>You’re going to have to contact the dept. </p>

<p>Ph 105 and 106 are Physics with Cal I and II.</p>

<p>If he has to take them, then they will take away the AP credit after he completes 105 and 106. </p>

<p>However, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets 105 and 106 waived…just make sure the right signatures get obtained and sent to the Registrar’s office so there’s no problem at graduation time.</p>

<p>Thanks! I am glad to hear that the Dept. is opened during Fall Break. My DS drove 11 hours yesterday. The plan is to work on his schedule tomorrow. </p>

<p>Do you know if any Freshmen have taken MATH 227 - Calc III? DS is doing well with MATH 126 - Calc II now.</p>

<p>My kids both took Cal III as frosh. If your son is strong in math, it should be fine for him. :)</p>