Medical Program Difficulty?

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I’m a prospective undergrad looking to apply to a college in a warm state…first that came to mind…beautiful Arizona. I’m visiting both Arizona State University and The University of Arizona in a few months.</p>

<p>I’m from the Northeast, a difficult high school. Here’s a little bit about myself:</p>

<p>GPA: 4.4
Decent extracurricular activities
Interested in entering the medical field, also majoring in Spanish
Mature
Sociable
Smart
Diligent</p>

<p>I’m wondering the difficulty level of the Honors Program, more specifically, the PreMed Program. I’m confident that I will be accepted very easily into either one of the schools in Arizona (I don’t mean to come across as cocky). I’m just wondering if they’re “right” for me.</p>

<p>I’m thinking- will I be bored out of my mind as I am a very fast-paced worker that can handle difficult work, or, will I fit in just right and feel as though the work is suited to my level of capability?</p>

<p>Please let me know what you all think, and what your personal experiences have been like.</p>

<p>Thank you in advance!!</p>

<p>You can make Arizona as hard or as easy as you like depending on the major you choose and if you get into the honors program. I can’t speak on the difficulty of the Spanish major, but there are plenty of majors you could choose(engineering, physiology, chem, physics, finance, etc…) that would be plenty difficult if you combine it with the honors college. From my personal experience in the honors college and business school Arizona offered enough difficulty to keep me interested, while allowing plenty of time to play golf after class, have fun on weekends, and still do well in all my classes.</p>

<p>In the end it really doesn’t matter where you go to college if you want medical school as long as you can get a lot of A’s. After seeing people apply this past cycle it didn’t seem to matter if they went to a public or top private school. If they didn’t have really good grades they weren’t going to get in. From talking to my friends who took science classes at Arizona and at other universities the ones at Arizona felt like the science classes were very challenging, but they sounded a lot better than the science classes at other state and private universities. Hopefully that was able to help you a little. If you have anymore questions send me a pm.</p>

<p>I highly doubt you’ll be bored. For one, the material will be harder than it was in high school. The profs will expect more from you in terms of volume and difficulty of the work. I wouldn’t be so hasty in dismissing the school as easy because it is very possible that it will be harder than you think. Also you will invariably find out that your social world expands once you’re in college. You will be often be confronted with difficult decisions such as whether to go over your notes or hang out with friends/significant other.</p>

<p>Secondly, if you are so brilliant, why wouldn’t you relish the ease and build other parts of your resume. Correct me if I’m wrong but breezing through the work will afford you more time to volunteer/work, and when the time comes, study for your MCAT. I, however, believe that you’ll be challenged by your schoolwork, so the point is sort of moot.</p>