Medical: USF vs UM

<p>Alright, so i got accepted to both UM and USF. i am trying to be a doctor btw. If i go to UM, i will have to do the traditional 8-year course to become a doctor, because i don't qualify for the accelerated medical program.. But at USF, i got accepted into honors and i'd be able to attempt the 7-year accelerated medical course. I know that UM is the better school, but i don't know if it's worth it to spend an extra year at UM. Also, UM is an hour from me and USF is three hours, and i don't really care how far i am from home. If any of you can post your opinions and thoughts about your experiences or what you think i should do, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.</p>

<p>P.S. i will be posting this in both the UM forum and USF forum.</p>

<p>Whichever you choose, I don’t recommend you do the seven year program. You might change your mind, you might want to go to a different medical school. And so on. Leave open your possibilities as much as you can for as long as you can, is my advice :wink: An extra year realllly isn’t bad. C’mon, it’s college, you’re supposed to enjoy it!</p>

<p>As far as getting in to medical school is concerned, you can get into any medical school from either school, but it will be easier from UM.</p>