Meeting friends?

<p>Hi I was wondering through what activities do most people meet friends through at A&M. A&M is one of my top schools and I am strongly considering going there. I feel like Im the right fit at A&M, but I'm still nervous about making friends. I love to play sports, huge college football fan, conservative, caucasian, my parents born in texas. So, I sort of "fit the description". Also, I was wondering what the dating culture is like at A&M? Sorry, a lot of questions, but I would love to hear what you guys have to say! Lastly, I am out-of state and I am not sure how much more difficult that makes getting into A&M.
Thanks!</p>

<p>Sorry if I sound like an arrogant a**hole, Im just trying to give you a good understanding of who I am</p>

<p>My kids were OOS, you will have no problem meeting friends here. Although many students know each other from HS there are plenty of opportunities to forge friendships. I would suggest Fish Camp as the way it is organized is groups are pre-picked by the staff, so friends are not necessarily in the same group promoting even those with established friendships to break out and meet others. When school starts, join some groups/organizations. There are FLOs (Freshman Leadership Organizations), groups associated with your major/career field, Greek Life, Religious organizations, Service organizations, Hobby interest groups, etc. TONS to choose from you will find something. Sports-wise, many of the organizations go to the games together and/or also compete in intramurals. You can also just signup at the Rec Center for organized sports teams. Most of the rec sports teams seem to compete in the evenings so they don’t conflict with classes. There are also lots of fundraiser events that you can participate in as well that are sports oriented. The key will be to get involved in groups that you like. It can be a little harder the first week, but once you choose some organizations you will be very busy meeting lots of people. </p>

<p>Admission wise, OOS is eligible for academic admission ( top 25%, 1300 SAT (M+CR) or 30 ACT with minimums) or review candidate ( lesser scores/rank) which is very competitive. Academic admits are evaluated only your scores & HS transcripts. Review candidates are evaluated on everything. The full information is here <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted&lt;/a&gt; . Good luck!</p>

<p>One thing you didn’t mention, are you a senior or junior? If a senior, you should apply ASAP it is rolling admissions here & the application opened on Aug. 1.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! Im a junior.</p>

<p>@PVboy. Where are you from?. My son from Arizona just started as an A&M freshman. He is not a sports fan, but has already been to a couple of functions with his Fish Camp family, including a football watching party. The Honors College also has a lot of social activities. And the whole week before classes is Gig-Em Week. It’s chock full of social activities. My son is not into fraternities, but his roommate is going through rush-week functions.</p>

Hi I am sorry I replied so late. I am from California. I have a ton of family in Texas, most of my family is “Guns Up” (Texas Tech).