Meningitis vaccine

<p>Does anyone know whether the requirement for meningitis vaccination must be fulfilled before they will consider your application, or only needs to be done before you start school at TAMU? Thx.</p>

<p>I’d really like to know this too omg. I was going to post my app in and then it struck me that my last shot was uhhhh… at birth. Apparently shots taken beyond the past 5 years require a booster.</p>

<p>My dad says it’s not very logical to require it for application though. If you get admitted then the school would care if you were vaccinated, if you’re not even attending, why would they care? I guess he does make sense, but I don’t want my whole app processing to get slowed down cause of missing documents, ya know? </p>

<p>Anyone who’s been through the admissions process please advise :D</p>

<p>To answer the initial question, you do not need to have it when you apply. You just need to fax or mail documentation to them by your New Student Conference date so they have it on file. I think I sent them mine only a week before my NSC and they got it in time.</p>

<p>It NEEDS to be within five years or you need a booster. I’m not really sure why this is because isn’t the purpose of a vaccination that it covers you for life? But yes, if you got one at birth or have not gotten one at all you need to get a booster.</p>

<p>Thanks for the answers! JR</p>