Mentioning absences in the personal statement?

<p>Is it advisable to mention that you have had a lot of absences in the comments section? For example, I missed like over thirty days my Junior year and my grades dropped (3.9 to 3.2). I’m sick a lot, but I don’t have any condition that I know of. Should I mention it, or would they think that I’m trying to just make an excuse? My attendance record would show how many days I missed, but I don’t think they see that.</p>

<p>do UCs put a lot of weight/attention on the attendance record? like do they care about cuts and tardies a lot?</p>

<p>We don’t see any attendance record unless you feel it is important enough to mention to us and discuss your record in your personal statement.</p>

<p>i was wondering b/c a friend of mine has a lot of cuts, and the main office said that these went on permanent records</p>

<p>is that policy for Davis, or UCs in general?</p>

<p>The UC campuses will have made the admissions decision with out the permanent records and not seeing the attendance record. Attendance is not an admissions factor approved by the UC Regents and faculty.</p>