Merit Aid, University of Pittsburgh, class of 2028

Please post merit amount along with IS/OOS, major, apply date, completion date, stats (if no objection) please. It will be useful for future applicants . Thank you.

2 Likes

10k/yr (letter dated 10/17)
oos
Dietrich School arts and sciences; intended major: urban planning and geographic analysis.
Application complete 9/5
Acceptance letter dated 9/14 (also received guaranteed admit to Graduate School of Public and International Affairs which was a nice surprise.)

Stats:
4.0uw/ 4.4 w
Test optional

No APs (not offered at school) but many DE
Attends regional governors school 1/2 day
College Board National recognition - rural and small town
State level awards in Forensics
Main EC is classical ballet

4 Likes

Congratulations! Are the merit letters showing up in the Pitt Document Center in the ‘Your Admission Documents’ folder? or somewhere else? All the best to the merit winners!

1 Like

Congrats. Happy to see TO can also be considered for merit.

8 Likes

It was in the document center. No email yet.

2 Likes

Thanks to this thread for alerting us. Went and checked the doc center and there was a merit scholarship letter for $10000/year. OOS, Public health major, got guaranteed into Law if needed. We are super stoked

7 Likes

For people who have heard about merit already, when did you receive your acceptance letters?

We were accepted on 9/28 (official date on letter). We thought we won’t hear about scholarships for a while.

I think 8/29…on early side. Good luck!

S24 applied 8/2 and admitted 8/27 and got merit offer yesterday 10/17.

2 Likes

Don’t hold me to this, but quickly reviewing posts from last cycle, it seems like the first wave of merit letters that came out the week of 10/11/22 were mostly, maybe all, OOS. It looks like the in state letters might not have started rolling out until a couple weeks later (the week of 10/25/22).

So it might be a couple more weeks again for the in state letters. We shall see.

3 Likes

Congratulations to everyone!
Anyone hear from Swanson?

For everyone’s refernece, please indicate

• How long (how many days/weeks) between application submission and merit scholarship notification

• How long (how many days/weeks) between acceptance notification and merit scholarship notification

D24 applied 8/7 and was accepted 8/28.
She is OOS and applied to Nursing.
34 ACT (superscore)
4.4 Weighted
APs
Good EC and sports

Merit 10K on 10/17
We are very excited!

6 Likes

D24 applied ~8/5, accepted ~8/29 (w/GA Law)
OOS - Dietrich, intended major P&P (Frederick)
35 ACT (one sitting)
3.99 UW, 4.5w
10 AP (six complete), 3 DE
Solid music ECs

Merit 4x15K on 10/17

No matter what happens between now and April, this will be an attractive option.

6 Likes

Seems like the OOS merit awards are chronological so far. Most of those with merit in hand applied very early in process (Aug/sept). My D applied Oct and has been accepted with guaranteed grad school spot, but no merit yet. Just fyi to those checking in to the thread periodically.

3 Likes

I hope they aren’t completely chronological as my daughter applied in early Aug, accepted end of August and no word on merit. We are OOS, she has very strong stats. Wondering if sending the 1480 SAT score was a mistake, but no turning back now. She applied using the Pitt app (not Common App). Not sure if this had an impact.

3 Likes

1480 is a great score so don’t think that’s a mistake

6 Likes

Of the stats I have seen from applicants receiving merit, they are over 1500 so all relative. We shall see. Still so early in the admission process…

1 Like

I saw one receiving merit scholarship who got the acceptance on 9/28. Yes, people who have received merit scholarship, have very high stats , 34+ , 1540+

1 Like