Merit Aid?

<p>*with a 29 act you will get 15K per year from uab (against a lower cost overall)…if you say a 29 is worth 3500.00 at ua ,thats a pretty big difference to ask them to match…i guess its worth trying as they are in the same system *</p>

<p>I know an ACT 29 who got **more **than $15k per year from Bama because of matching. I’m not saying that Bama will always do it, but it’s not unheard of at all.</p>

<p>So, if you get a better offer from another good school, at least try to see if Bama will increase its offer.</p>

<p>with a 29 you may be able to make a personal contact and write a nice letter and ask them if they will bump you up to the 2/3 tuition scholarship (i forget what that is called). never hurts to ask. : ) and i know it has been done in the past. idk if you are engineering or not, but if so, that bump will also get you full tuition plus 2500.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice! When I write what do I say? I dont want to just ask them for more money, UA is in my top three but I dont know what to say without sounding like a begger…</p>

<p>have you taken the act multiple times? if they superscored does your superscore make a 30?</p>

<p>you tell them how much you really want to go there and that you have been really trying to get that act up but it just hasn’t happened. you tell them that ua is your first choice and you are writing to see if there is any way they can help make it happen for you. you tell them that you can’t go without the 2/3 scholarship. you be polite and tell them the truth and let the chips fall where they may.</p>

<p>oh and tell them in your letter about the other scholarship offers you have.</p>