Merit aid

For OOS merit aid (not going to qualify for financial aid income is 250k+) can I get any other awards from the school outside of those listed on their website. There is a pretty big jump from 26k a year to the top scholarship (which is like 45k a year with stipends) can I get anything between that.

Aside from the $2,500/year engineering scholarship (which obviously is only available to students in the CoE), I think that’s the most you can plan on. UA reserves those really big awards for NMFs and kids with perfect scores.

You can reduce your overall cost of attendance, however, by choosing a standard dorm over the suite-style offerings and controlling other expenses. UA’s official COA is very high, to be on the safe side, but it can be done for a lot less money if you’re willing to forgo some bells & whistles.

Getting a job to cover other living expenses and going the co-op route, if that’s an option, will help as well. Also, if funds are really tight, avoid Greek life.

Check with your local UA alumni group. Here in Atlanta, our alumni chapter gives about 6 scholarships every year to local students. Each chapter has different criteria.

There are some competitive scholarships, but they are few and far between. E.g., I believe there are only 8 University Fellows Experience (UFE) scholarships. And a similar number of Randall Research Scholars awards.