Merit Based Scholarship Opportunities at Stevens?

Hi all, just trying to get an idea of how generous Stevens is with merit scholarships? My son has a 4.1 weighted GPA, 1460 SAT and 32 ACT. Ranked 2nd in his class. He likes Stevens, but it is expensive! Any input from Stevens students/parents would be appreciated.

Hi. My son, now freshman at Stevens in CS, had similar stats and got a $19,000 scholarship. Good luck!

@USAlina Did your son apply RD or ED? Would you, or anyone, know if scholarship amounts lean heavier for ED students?

Judging from what I have seen from sons and friends, if you are a strong student (SATs 1200-1500 or that level) scholarships from 18k-22k are pretty common. You may get more if you have something they are looking for; this will change from year to year. The highest level students (SATs 1500 and >) may receive full or close to full scholarships. Remember that merit based awards will not include room and board.

@USAlina, how does your son like Stevens? We are still waiting for a decision, but as of right now leaning towards NJIT.

My son loves Stevens. It was the right choice for him. That being said, their administrative processes leave a lot to be desired. Don’t expect a lot of assistance in getting internships. You need to be proactive. Opportunities exist and they do have many companies coming in to talk to students, but the student needs to take initiative. Teachers are generally good, except some are foreign and hard to understand. This is especially difficult for technical subjects.

@Stressssssssed Glad to hear your son is happy at Stevens! My son will start in the Fall. I don’t think the internship process is any different at any other school. On other college tours, student tour guides told us basically the same thing . . . that opportunities exists there, but you have to take the initiative.