Merit Scholarship Notification

<p>Has anyone received in the mail a notification of a Presidential or Trustees scholarship? I'm wondering because I qualify for one yet have not received anything in the mail about it. Purdue.edu says that I should receive a letter inside of one month after I was admitted, which was on December 5/6.</p>

<p>Son hasn't received anything yet and is expecting one as well. He, too, was accepted on Dec. 5, so we're in the same position as you.</p>

<p>That's comforting to hear. Two of my friends, who should have received notification, have not received anything yet either.</p>

<p>Yeah i was going to ask the same question b/c i haven't gotten any notification either... the past two days i've received some stuff about housing, etc. but nothing regarding scholarships (and i got accepted on that dec 5/6 date as well)</p>

<p>I have received a welcome letter from the President and a letter about coop housing.</p>

<p>Same, except i also got a welcome letter from a krannert student since i'm going into business</p>

<p>Be sure to us know when/if you get that scholarship</p>

<p>You guys might get a call from a student at the respective colleges you applied to if you get accepted. They will prob ask you if you have any questions etc. I thought that scholarship notifications came abit later after financial aid packages are figured with....</p>

<p>I think you'll get notification during the early spring, maybe February or early March. Your official award letter will come in early April.</p>

<p>I'm bitter about the new merit scholarships. With the Trustees and Presidential scholarships, you have to maintain a 3.0 GPA. I was awarded the old Resident Top Scholar award which is basically the same as the Trustees but requires a 3.5. Boo.</p>

<p>Best of luck!</p>

<p>Here's a response I got from Purdue about scholarship notification:</p>

<p>"Most of that information will be sent in the spring with the notification of the other financial aid awards. The Presidential and Trustees scholarship notification is sent out with the admissions acceptance. Have a great day!"</p>

<p>I did not receive any Presidential/Trustees notification in my admissions packet. My SAT is 2070 and GPA 4.0~, and Trustees is SAT>2000 and GPA>3.8, so I qualify. This is confusing to me.</p>

<p>^^^ I wonder about that....I thought I read that you get notification on those scholarships in about a month after acceptance. (which would be about today, btw).</p>

<p>Son's stats are SAT: 1600/2310
ACT: 36
GPA: Top 1%</p>

<p>I definitely expect something from Purdue. If anyone has received a merit scholarship already, please ring in. thanks.</p>

<p>Some else posted this in another topic:</p>

<p>
[quote]
<br>
When will I hear whether I've earned a scholarship?
Admitted students who have qualified for the Trustees or Presidential scholarship can expect to receive an award letter within one month of their admission date.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>[url=<a href="http://purdueuniversity.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/purdueuniversity.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=465#2%5DAnswer%5B/url"&gt;http://purdueuniversity.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/purdueuniversity.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=465#2]Answer[/url&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p>

<p>Not really sure what to tell ya.</p>

<p>I called the Financial Aid office to report and irregularity with my class rank on the scholarship application located on their website. At the same time I asked if the Merit scholarships have been mailed (hoping that the irregularity did not affect my scholarship decision) at which time the kind lady over the line told me "They will not be mailed until the end of the month."</p>

<p>It doesn't look like there's any problem with anyone of us - besides patience of course.</p>

<p>Now shows first round of scholarship notifications will go out on Jan 12....Monday!</p>

<p>Thanks mommadiddy! Great find!</p>

<p>gingersteak - you mention the scholarship application located at their website. How did you access it? It says you have to setup your purdue career account first, which asks for a PUID. Where did you get the PUID from to be able to create the account. I haven't received anything yet that has a PUID on it, at least not that I can find in my stuff anywhere. Am I missing something?</p>

<p>It is confusing enough because in one section it says I need to complete the application by Feb 1 for my school, but then when I click on the link, it doesn't show my school listed.</p>

<p>I got my user ID in the "You're a Boilermaker" packet.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info mommadiddy.</p>

<p>I got my Trustees scholarship notification today. It says that if I receive any more merit based Purdue aid, that aid will help pay for the $8,000 Trustees scholarship. i.e. they won't add on. Does that mean that if I get College of Science scholarships, I won't get the money they provide?</p>

<p>Congrats, GotGoose. We are still awaiting something from Purdue. I assume you are in Indiana, if you got $8,000 for this scholarship. We are OOS, so hopefully s. will receive this in the mail tomorrow.</p>

<p>Good Job, Goose. Nothing in our mail today....nervous laughter. I am an alum and don't think you can beat Purdue for value. Son isn't so sure since he has gotten some pretty nice offers from lesser schools (won't mention any names). His SAT is good but his GPA needs rounding. I have figured it every way possible and he should be good to go on Trustee. </p>

<p>We live in state, but about as far from Purdue as you can get....hopefully it will just take another day for us to hear something....</p>

<p>Fingers crossed!</p>

<p>I'm getting pretty nervous about this too... When I checked the Scholarship Worksheet page it had my class rank percentile as 41 - which is actually my rank out of 950 or so... Hopefully they fixed that in time for me to get one of these scholarships.</p>

<p>Also does anyone know if the 3.8 unweighted is really the cutoff? That seems extraordinarily high... I have a 3.9 with weight and the classes that Purdue doesn't count like Orchestra. If the 3.8 weight is the real deal do you think they'd make an exception for a 1560/1600 SAT?</p>