Merit Scholarship

<p>My son has been accepted to Purdue Engineering. Does the notification for Scholarship money come with the acceptance letter or at a later date? If it comes later how much later?</p>

<p>I believe you had to have had your application submitted by November 15th to automatically be considered for merit scholarships. The last wave of scholarships was supposed to go out by Feb 15th (per the FB group/Purdue advisors there). There were a lot of additional scholarships that you could apply for directly, as well as a form to fill out for some combination merit/need-based scholarships but the deadline for that was Feb 1. If your son applied by any of those deadlines he could still hear. If not, I’m not sure how it works. </p>

<p>If you’re on FB, the group called “Families of New Purdue Students” is very helpful for meeting other parents and getting questions answered. Good luck!</p>

<p>It comes at a later date than when I got my acceptance</p>

<p>Purdue has notified parents via the parent facebook page that the final round of merit scholarships is in the mail – now we all have to wait, through a federal holiday non-delivery date on Monday…</p>

<p>Good luck to families waiting to hear – my son is waiting to hear the news.</p>