Merit Scholarship

I doubt the $6K I received is need-based, only because my parents both work and have above average salaries.

I just got an email notification about the Hokie scholarship, they said I’m going to receive a letter in the mail with more information soon. Anyone get a similar email or one pertaining to a different scholarship?

It appears that there was a “gateway” for scholarships that closed Feb 15th, unfortunately that was before getting admitted and we were never notified that there was a gateway. After speaking to VT it seems the answer is if you haven’t gotten a Hokie Scholarship there will not be any more coming. As an OOS student important to know the difference in cost of attendance is not considered by VT financial aid office. I forget the exact EFC number they told me but it was definitely well below 15K, so if you efc is at 15k or more they will not offer you anything beyond the federal $5,500 loan.

Also received a 6k scholarship notification last week. Only for one year. Scholarship office said possible awards for future years are less money and Unfortunately Not many for oss students.

Has anyone heard anything about the College of Science scholarships?

D1 also got the $6k, one year non-renewable offer. The letter specified that they considered her OOS and that the offer would withdrawn if she changed majors OR changed to IS status (we applied as IS, there were plenty of questions on that topic on the application - they have known from day 1 that she is IS).