Merit Scholarships and Honors College

Has anyone received any notification of acceptance to the Scholars Program or any notification of merit aid? If so, did it come with your regular admissions package? Thx :slight_smile:

I received my envelope w stickers, letter but nothing for merit. My ACT is 34, w 95 average

Last year merit info came in the mailed acceptance letter. Scholars invite came in the beginning of January.

@dophie, are you in-state or out-of-state? From what I have been scouring out of this forum (last year and this), the reports of having received scholarship is coming from OOS applicants.

@1S1Dforcollege , I can’t DM you yet (I think I need 15 posts before I can DM). We had a chance to interact in the Class of 2023 thread. My son has similar background and Bing results (dont know about scholars and FRI yet) as your daughter did last year. I just wanted to know how Bing compared to your D’s in-state PA results, and why she chose Bing over in-state PA (Pitt, Penn State, Temple). Thanks a ton with so many clarifications you are providing to so many people! (you can try to DM me if you wish, but not sure I can see it)

@notstuy , are you in-state or OOS? I am yet to see any reporting of scholarship from in-state applicants from last year and this year, but that is just from reading the Class Of threads, so obviously not scientific. In-state NYS tuition is the most reasonable, and in-state are eligible for Excelsior.

@PaCollegeDad in-state.

@PaCollegeDad I am in NYC, do they not offer merit to in state kids? Thx!

@notstuy , I have no idea. We are OOS from PA. I was scouring a few threads a few days back, and everyone that I saw who reported a merit scholarship were from out of state. On a separate note, the instate tuition in NY (tuition + fees < $10,000 I think) is among the lowest you can find. Also, there is the Excelsior scholarship for in-state families, which brings down tuition to the $2000 or so range.

@notstuy and @dophie : Info about the Excelsior Scholarship
https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/nys-grants-scholarships-awards/the-excelsior-scholarship.html