Merit Scholarships entering 2019

@DavidPuddy, that’s funny!

I wonder why they didn’t extend the offer to Presidential Elite recipients, or are they not given as much time to accept their offers as the NMFs?

I looked at old mail, April 6 I think was when UA published the expanded NMF housing scholarship.

As for the reason that Presidential Elite students are not offered the same, I would guess it shows the value the University puts on the NMF statistic. I wonder how many PE scholarship winners are not also NMFs.

Do you have to be one of the NMF that receives a $2500 National Merit Corporation scholarship to get the NMF package? Or “simply” a NMF? I know simply is not the right importance.

@lovofu
No, as stated in the other thread, if you are a confirmed NMF that lists Alabama as the top choice by May 1, you are eligible for the package. I suspect based on experience that you are then selected as a college sponsored NMS, but it is not relevant to the specific question: NMF is NMF for the purposes of Alabama’s scholarship.

All that assumes status quo is maintained going forward.

After SB4 ( March 2018) was signed in Florida, my son, a NMF Scholar was offered by text the following from UA. (Crimson Tide)
Six years, Full Cost Of Attendance to include Masters or Law school. He hadn’t even applied there and it was past the deadline. I believe the Class of 2019 may be pleasantly surprised with UA. Good Luck!

^ I’m calling nonsense on this claim.