Merit scholarships

<p>Anyone hear when these are coming out? </p>

<p>I have heard the trustees one were out last month. The presidential one should be out this week.</p>

<p>Presidential were decided last week, they will be received very soon. I don’t know about Marquis, though. Trustees were sent out December into early January.</p>

<p>Presidential scholarships have been mailed out and now can be seen at the student’s admissions portal along with the admission letter.</p>

<p>@ThisLoudMorning
Thanks for the info. My D got it too. The letter is dated yesterday.</p>

<p>My son’s letter is dated today, so I think they are still coming in. </p>

<p>@ThisLoudMorning,
My D’s letter said 2/25 while the link for download is created 2/26. Is it the same case for your S?</p>

<p>Anyone care to share amounts and stats? They are 4-8K(in state) to 5-10K(out of state) I believe.</p>

<p>My D got $10K per year for 4 years (oos).</p>

<p>GPA: 4.0/4.0 (uw and w capped at 4.0)
ACT: 35
SAT1: 2230 (not submitted)
SAT2: Math2 800, Chem 800 (not submitted)
AP: APUSH 5, AP Chem 5, AP Lang 5 (not submitted)</p>

<p>Awards:
AP Scholar
NMSF (Finalist now)
Outstanding Piano Soloist (State level)</p>

<p>EC:
Below average
~250hr community service volunteering</p>

<p>We regret not sending in the SAT scores as Purdue block the self-reporting scores.</p>

<p>My son also got 10K for out of state. GPA 3.9 unw 4.4 w; ACT 35, multiple APs, NM Finalist, Good ECs</p>

<p>@billcsho Yes, the link is dated 2/26, the date on letter is 2/25</p>

<p>My daughter got 10k for oos, 3.9 uw, 4.3 weighted, 29 ACT, Krannert direct admit.</p>

<p>We’re still waiting to hear for my son on merit scholarship…getting nervous since it has taken so long! Ohio State came through with $18K a year for OOS, but Purdue (where he really wants to go) hasn’t said boo…</p>

<p>His stats:

• In-State, early acceptance in Engineering
  • 4.24 out of 4.00 unweighted
  • Multiple AP classes
  • Top 10 out of almost 450 students
  • 32 composite ACT
  • PSAT: 800 in Math and 740 in English
  • SAT: 740 in Math and 800 in English
  • Superscore of 2160
  • National Merit commended student (just missed being a semi-finalist)
  • Leadership in band, lots of volunteer hours, etc. etc.</p>

<p>What do people think our chances are?</p>

<p>My OOS son got a Presidential award of $10k/year. National AP Scholar after sophomore year. 2360 super-scored SAT. ~3.9 GPA from one of the toughest schools in the Southwest. National Merit finalist.</p>

<p>Are you finding this info at the same log in where you found out if you were accepted? Thanks</p>

<p>@Rocketdamus
Yes. It is immediately under the admission decision letter link.</p>

<p>Are any of these engineering? Or a different college?</p>

<p>I’m majoring in business. I’m OOS with 4.6 GPA and 32 ACT. I got a Presidential Scholarship of $5,000. Not as much as I was hoping for but at least I got something!</p>

<p>@Rocketdamus
Yes, my D is engineering.</p>

<p>Got two exact copies of the Presidential Scholarship letter. Each said 5K value. So is that 5K or 10K?</p>