Metropolitan Museum of Art high school summer internship

@blanka321 I’m really interested in Curatorial. I also picked Education and Publications and Editorial :slight_smile:

What parts of curatorial?
I also picked Curatorial [Greek and Roman art, East Asian art, and European Paintings], Scientific Conservation and Marketing
[or something like that id really remember the exact names]

I got accepted! Best of luck!

@blanka321I picked curatorial (greek and roman art), the library, and scientific research/conservation

i’m kind of nervous for the interview stage. Does anyone know any details about it such as what questions we’d be asked?

Does anyone know when their interview day is? I have not receive any emails from the MET.

@xxkjxxdzxx I haven’t received my email yet either. Let’s hope it comes soon!

i’m going on friday at 4:15. Anyone else?

I have it on Wednesday, at 4:15.
@gghappygal Good luck!

Hey guys I just signed up lol but basically I also advanced into the interview stage and I filled out the dates in less than 10 minuets, and still haven’t got an email? Anyone else?

@gghappygal If you don´t mind me asking how did the interview go?

My interview was today at 5:15

Hi did everyone also get another email about updating availability?

yeah i did

Asked the people in charge for the numbers if anyone is curious and I crunched some numbers using the numbers they gave me:
First, only 30 positions are available in total
At first ~800 people applied/opened the wizehive thing for the internship

~600 finished by the deadline
- thus, 5% chance of landing it at this point

~235 people made it to the interview phase

• thus, 12.7% - ~13% chance to get in if one advanced into the interview stage.
    3 parts are weighed in the application: the initial application + recommendations, interview, and the paragraph thing.

I apologize for not posting this earlier, but I wish to maintain some [façade of] fairness. I hope that everyone will be evaluated fairly and no one is to be disadvantaged by this information if there is any possible impact.

According to my calculations, if ~15 people are in a group and they do 3 sessions per day, it would take a least 5 days to complete the interviews/go through 235 people.
I know for a fact that there was an interview May 27 and April 2 and it would be reasonable to assume that they would have used the days in between to clean everything up to decide by May 18th [Beware the ides of May + 3 lol].

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

As Julius Caesar said [allegedly], “The die is cast” and the rest is out of our hands.

@daywarped thanks for starting this thread so everyone could talk about this!

haha sorry about the long post; hopefully it’ll help?

1 Like

@blanka321 Do you by any chance know when we should be expecting to hear back from them?

Hey has anyone received a decision yet? They said they would email us early this week, and it’s already the end of Tuesday. Aah I’m so nervous I can barely wait any longer

I received my decision at approximately 6:50, and was offered a position.
Excited to see who was also admitted !!!

1 Like

@jaebis0707 Omg congrats!!! :slight_smile: I still haven’t received anything. I hope that doesn’t mean rejection :frowning:
Was there anyone else on the email chain or was it only an individual email?If it’s individual then they might just be sending them out at different times

@jaebis0707 Also, if you don’t mind me asking, which department were you chosen for?