Miami Advertising Major

<p>Does anyone have experience with/knowledge of the Miami advertising major and/or its reputation? I cannot find a single legitimate testimonial anywhere online, which is bizarre, haha. Thanks in advance for any help!</p>

<p>I am starting in the fall so I may not be the most knowledgeable on this but after I spoke to an advisor she told me that advertising is not an offered major but is a graduate program. So if you truly want to pursue advertising it’s best to major in something else they have such as marketing or communications and you can then specialize to something more related to advertising as a minor. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>There’s not an “advertising” major but there is a Marketing major in the business school.</p>

<p>I don’t know where kjha6268 got his info from, but I’ve visited the school multiple times and am starting in the fall at the school of communication. There IS an Advertising major, as mentioned on the website, and also an Advertising minor. I know people at this school who major in advertising. </p>

<p>If you want to know if a school offers a major, just go on the website.</p>

<p>You’re completely right cathyx0x0, advertising is an offered major. I apologize for not reading thoroughly before posting a response. It is MARKETING that I was told was not a major but rather a graduate program. However, as I said and I’m not yet a student there so please confirm with the school on this as well.</p>

<p>Oh, I see, I guess Advertising is a major. I assumed it would be in the School of Business, but it’s in the Comm school so that explains why I haven’t heard of it. </p>

<p>Although, kjha6268, Marketing is definitely an undergraduate major, too.</p>