Miami Class of 2017

<p>Congrats everyone! I was accepted but no mention of a scholarship whatsoever. Got a 33 on the ACT and figured I would get some money. Friends with lower scores received money up to 18k. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?</p>

<p>does anybody know when students will be notified about these scholarship weekends? they weren’t in the acceptance letters?</p>

<p>Just texted my D. She was rejected, something we kind of figured would happen. Now we hope for Fordham. </p>

<p>Congrats to everyone.</p>

<p>I was just got my decision and was deferred to Regular Decision.</p>

<p>to people who got scholarships, whats your sat/act scores & gpas? i have 1980 and 680 math and 660 reading and 4.0 gpa & got none i believe? it didnt say in the letter on myUM and i have tons of extra cirricular too?</p>

<p>I have a 2110, 690 math, 700 reading and 3.85 gpa and got no money.</p>

<p>Son was accepted 23k scholarship. He’s elated.</p>

<p>Accepted. No scholarship though and just used their net price calculator, I’d have to pay 31k/year…that’s impossible. :/</p>

<p>610671, what scholarship weekends are you referring to? The Singer/Stamps scholarship?</p>

<p>deferrred b*tches</p>

<p>can’t believe im the only person who didn’t get a decision</p>

<p>NYgirl, son had 34 ACT 4.0 gpa lots of EC and honors/AP courses.
Maybe something will come by mail.</p>

<p>Am I the only one who hasn’t heard yet?
cross posted with others!</p>

<p>I have a 3.93, 1600 SAT, Tons of extracurricular. Received $15,000 per year!</p>

<p>D has a 32 ACT super scored or a 31. A 4.5 GPA and is graduating a yr early. Decent ECs but not spectacular<br>
Top 1% of her class.</p>

<p>yes the singer stamps</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/1453643-singer-stamps-2013-a.html#post15420442[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/1453643-singer-stamps-2013-a.html#post15420442&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Class rank has always been very important in scholarship decisions.</p>

<p>Son accepted 1420/1600 and 2070/2400 4.0 GPA all IB lots of EC and nothing about scholarship. Also believe it was worthy of something so we wait and see what comes in the mail. Full freight Is not an option. Meant to add school doesn’t rank students. Wonder if that is the issue, but an admissions counsellor who knows the territory should know that about the district.</p>

<p>Is anyone still waiting for a response?</p>

<p>me^ …thinking this is bad news</p>