Miami Class of 2017

<p>Did you apply EA? Or are you planning to apply RD? Nice math SAT score!</p>

<p>Regular unfortunately :(. UW is my top choice but UM is close second</p>

<p>i have a low weighted GPA due to hospitalizations my fresh/soph years, but my last two years of grades are 3.8 W and 4.4 W respectively. superscored 2170 on SAT, and im taking molecular biology and math 2 subject tests later in january… going to study my buns off. i have strong leadership and essays. hoping Miami is a reasonable school for me; financial aid is a huge factor at play here.</p>

<p>Everyone here also apply to Tulane? Just wondering.</p>

<p>So she applied EA, her ACT is 28; SAT 1760 superscored. Rank 9/128 GPA 3.8ish (95). She was deferred from her only other EA school and that was a wake up call. We thought for sure she would get into that one (Elon), so that deferral was a shock. We are slowly coming to the conclusion that she might not get into Miami.</p>

<p>Just checked MyUM-her status changed to reviewing all documents in admissions and the decision will be mailed. She is so nervous. January is going to drag on…</p>

<p>hugoblack: Yes, DS also applied to Tulane. Accepted with $22K per year. Still wants UM :)</p>

<p>But Tulane is another great option. Visited after he got accepted and it is in the top 3. But he wants Miami. Yes, January will drag on…</p>

<p>MomTheChauffer,</p>

<p>I was wondering where you see the message “reviewing all documents…” in MyUM. Right now all I see is a list of the required admissions documents with check marks next to them. Am I looking in the wrong place or has the status not changed yet? Thanks.</p>

<p>That’s the right place. That section for us is now gone and the other message is there now. Did you apply EA?</p>

<p>Thank you for the info, MomThe Chauffer. Yes, my daughter did apply EA and received a letter in the mail that said they received her Common Application as an EA applicant. She hasn’t received anything since then and the status hasn’t changed at all yet. I guess we will just have to be patient but I am a little surprised the status hasn’t changed since I thought decisions were due late January/Early February.</p>

<p>It will probably change soon. I would keep checking, just in case. Good luck to you!!!</p>

<p>It will probably change soon. I would keep checking, just in case. Good luck to you!!!</p>

<p>I got this message. </p>

<p>Your application has been sent to the admission committee for review. We appreciate your patience during this time and will mail your admission notification according to the application option you chose. For information about admission notification dates, go to [Freshman</a> Applicant Options & Deadlines | Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/deadlines]Freshman”>Options and Deadlines | Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami).</p>

<p>Is this not what you got?</p>

<p>That’s the message we got.</p>

<p>Good.
And the waiting/suspense/angst/fear/doubt/distress/concern/uneasiness (ect.) and some how excitement continue.</p>

<p>Here are my stats- Applied RD.</p>

<p>Demographic:
-White Male from Colorado</p>

<p>School:
-Public Nationally Recognized High School
-3.74 Weighted GPA on 4.0 Scale (School doesn’t calculate Unweighted)
-Will have 12 AP classes by graduation and all the rest Honors (grades in Honors Classes are not on weighted scale)
-ACT: 33 Composite, 35 English, 29 Math, 33 Reading, 33 Science
-AP Scholar Award
-National Honor Society
-National Society of High School Scholars</p>

<p>Extracurricular:
-Eagle Scout (lots and lots of service!)
-Volunteer Camp Counselor at Children’s Camp every summer in Seattle area
-2 Year Varsity Soccer Letter Winner
-2011 State Soccer Runner Up
-Captain of Club Soccer Team 2005-present
-2nd Team All Conference Soccer
-Boy Scouts of America Honor Camper
-Started a pet sitting business in 2007 that has since garnered a regular client base of 70+ and a 2nd place award in a state-wide entrepreneurial competition in 2008</p>

<p>Other:
-Wrote essay on how Boy Scouts IS really all about knots, but the figurative knots that tie a scout to his community rather than the real knots
-Rec’s from Counselor, AP English Lit teacher who went to Wash U St. Louis and AP Physics C teacher/2 year JV soccer coach who went to Pomona College</p>

<p>I applied EA to UMiami. Have visited multiple times and love the school! Also applied to Tulane and accepted with $22,000/year. I hope I get merit to Miami! I have a 2100 on my SATs, 4.5/4.6 W GPA, top 3% in my class, and tons of extracurriculars including being an EMT, President of my Class, NHS,etc. Hope I get in!</p>

<p>You sound like a very viable candidate for admission and scholarships ^^</p>

<p>Lexi: My DS got the same acceptance and scholarship as you did for Tulane. Hoping for similar at Miami. Good luck you! You are an excellent candidate! (Is either Tulane or Miami your top choice?)</p>

<p>Unlike others here, we are not checking the UM application status portal everyday. No need to analyze the wording and stress ourselves out (anymore than we already are). We checked a few months ago and saw that the application was complete. We don’t expect anything to change before February (and if it does, I’m sure you will all alert us).</p>

<p>LINYMOM: I can’t respond to private messages because I don’t have enough posts. To answer your questions from the private message- I didn’t take the ACTs. Other than Tulane and Miami, I applied to 7 other schools. But i really want to attend school in the south so most likely Miami and Tulane are my top. Still haven’t seen Tulane, but planning to visit soon. I’ve been to Miami multiple times and love it! I want to study Bio.</p>