Miami Class of 2017

<p>they have been released before in previous years and there are some when they were released late. we just have to be patient. I just hope the first person who is notified of a decision posts on here! =)</p>

<p>Does Miami send decisions via email or regular mail?</p>

<p>I’m so nervous :/…</p>

<p>Wait a second, was FAFSA already due??</p>

<p>No, I’m pretty sure FAFSA is due February 1.</p>

<p>

Decisions will be mailed and made available on myUM as well.</p>

<p>I didn’t get a FAFSA email…did everyone else get that?</p>

<p>This is a little random, but regarding the merit scholarships, do you have to meet every one of the minimum requirements to receive one?</p>

<p>I have a 3.83 UW GPA, 32 ACT, but I’m only top 14% in my class.</p>

<p>Also about the merit scholarships, do they come with the acceptance letter/email? Or later?</p>

<p>The merit scholarships seem a little more flexible than what is posted (i.e. they aren’t stringent requirements). Also, I don’t know if the website has been updated but I do remember a point in time when they were a little inaccurate in that they were below the actual criteria used by admissions.</p>

<p>@Rolando: Merit scholarships are included in the physical letter that gets sent as well as on the online acceptance letter (on myUM).</p>

<p>What time do you think the decisions will be posted on MyUM on Friday?</p>

<p>Mine wasn’t available until I woke up on Saturday morning last year. They aren’t all made available at once, so nobody can say for sure.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Feb 1 is due date for FAFSA for EA applicants and RD applicants.</p>

<p>SeekingUni - thanks for your post!! That’s good to know</p>

<p>Just got an email saying this…</p>

<p>“Thank you for your application for admission to the University of Miami. In the next month or so you will be receiving a decision letter by courier from our office. It is being sent to the address below which you indicated as your mailing address in your application for admission.”</p>

<p>I didnt get that email…</p>

<p>Same…does anyone think that email means anything? I’m getting really nervous. I found out that I was deferred to a school because it said they needed my mid-year report, even though it did not directly say I was deferred. Do you think there are going to be any emails/updates to MyUM that indicate whether you are accepted or deferred besides when they actually post the decisions?</p>

<p>Didn’t get that email either. I’m not saying a word to my D. This is her #1 school.
I’m dreading the sobs if we don’t hear good news next month.</p>

<p>I didn’t get that email or the FAFSA reminder:(</p>

<p>That email sounds a little off to me. It sounds more like a confirmation of receiving your application. =/</p>