Miami tuition hikes

<p>Does Miami freeze tuition for four years?</p>

<p>If not, what has historically been the annual increase? Does financial aid increase as well?</p>

<p>i remember looking on college board last year and tuition was 55 and now it moved up to 58</p>

<p>Tuition is not frozen. It wouldn’t be unusual for your junior year tuition to be more than your freshman year tuition.</p>

<p>It’s increasing for our sophomore year (speaking as a current freshman). It’s definitely not frozen by any means. Financial aid tends to adjust it seems.</p>

<p>yeah and the scholarships they provide to freshmen increases as well. For example, what was the 24,000 scholarship is now offered at 25,000</p>

<p>Tuition and fees for the 2011-2012 academic year were $39,654.
Tuition and fees for the 2012-2013 academic year were $40,984.
Room and board totally depend on where you live and how much you eat.
The merit scholarships and grants that are awarded to incoming freshman typically do not increase to keep pace with tuition and fee increases, but are fixed amounts.
I cannot speak about the financial need based grants.
Hope this helps.</p>

<p>Thank you. That helps very much. After a little digging online, I see they have the tuition and fees going back a few years. Doing the math, it looks like by Year 4, tuition could be as much as $7500 more per year—and that doesn’t reflect the increased cost of upper class student housing—which could make it closer to $9500 per year. They offer a Tuition Stabilization plan, but it only applies to students who do not earn scholarships. This is a serious consideration that is in favor of public schools that freeze tuition for four years. Oh, my.</p>

<p>So, based on the UM website,
Tuition and fees for the 2013-2014 academic year will be $42,852
Up, up and away!!</p>

<p>@Zinc: Yowsa!</p>

<p>That’s a VERY scary number!!</p>