Miami University Early Decision and Early Action 2024

I am international. I did apply EA but admissions for us are mainly rolling.

I got an email. It wasn’t reflected in my portal until hours later. The portal had an acceptance letter with scholarship information and it said more information will be in the package they’ll send me

@September11 Hello, I am also an international student and have applied as EA. I want to ask you a few questions about the application decision. Can you please mail me at (sajanacharya20@gmail.com).

I can answer them here. Just leave a comment

Did you receive an email today? Did you apply EA or ED and if EA, what date did you submit your app? CONGRATS!

@Harding I received it yesterday. Almost the same time as now. I submitted my app on November 15 EA. I am an international student so the admissions are . on rolling basis for us.
And thank you!

in-state (OH), male, first-gen
32 ACT composite
3.2UW, 3.4W gpa (probably on the lower side but I’m hoping that taking the most rigorous course load possible at my school and everything else will hopefully help)

applied around i believe 10/12 (?)
EA applicant
applied to farmer school of business, management information systems

@Arovok Good luck!

Congrats September 11! Just wondering when OOS who applied EA will start to be notified.

@September11 Thank you! And congrats!

@Harding Thank you. If you are a US citizen then decisions will be posted on or after December 15. If you are international, they are . on a rolling basis and take about 2-3 weeks after Miami has received all required documents. I hope that helps.

Just received an email indicating EA decisions will be posted on the applicant status page on Sunday, December 15, at 12 a.m. EST.

I received one as a parent as well stating decisions will be posted on applicant status page on Sunday, December 15, at 12 a.m. EST.

Yes, just got the same email as a parent. Sunday is the day for EA decisions.

So is that Saturday night or Sunday night? :wink:

Saturday night

anyone know or have experience with the timing of merit awards? think they will be on the portal with acceptances?

@bgbg4us From what I gathered from my admissions rep, I believe that they will be sent in the mail instead of on the portal, so we should expect them in a few weeks. I’m guessing they’ll be sent out this weekend or next week. I saw they were getting all of the admissions packets ready to be sent out yesterday on the admissions department’s Instagram. Very anxious to see the merit awards since there is such a large range for each ACT category.

All:

Miami is generous, and if you have an ACT of 32+ then you stand an excellent shot at being accepted. If you have an ACT of 34+, you stand a good shot at getting excellent merit scholarship money.

My son is an OOS freshman at Miami, and we haven’t once regretted the decision. In fact, his experience there has only confirmed his decision to attend.

Best of luck to all of you!

1 Like

@September11 I applied to EA on November 1 but I haven’t heard anything about the admission decision. There is a “tick” on every item for application in the portal. I still haven’t received any kind of email regarding the decision.

There is still the link that shows" upload materials". Is this present in anyone’s portal??