Michigan State Class of 2027 Official Thread

It is unlikely now. I can’t imagine these things are staggered.

1 Like

Same here. Still says waiting for review.

1 Like

After being asked to see my mid-year grades, I was accepted to MSU for spring semester 2024. I’d really prefer to go in the fall. After reading older forums, I know in past years many accepted for spring got in for fall. I called the admissions number, and the guy on the phone said it was not likely anyone admitted for spring this year will get in for fall. Has anyone else heard anything on this topic for the 2023-2024 admissions? Thank you!

Don’t lose hope! Our son was in a similar situation and yesterday received a notification through the portal that is now accepted for the fall!

2 Likes

Just heard today. I’m in for Fall!!! Thank you!

3 Likes

Has anyone heard word on when freshman dorms will be assigned at MSU?

Pretty much all of my friends going to other colleges have heard by now.

Would you mind sharing your kids stats? My kid is hoping for the honors college but will be going test optional

Out of state: ACT34, SAT 1460, UWGPA 4.0, WGPA 4.5, class rank ~25th percentile. She was not invited to the honors college when she applied, we think because of the class rank (applied early about 9/2). Was also NMF but didn’t include that on the initial application becsuse it wasn’t announced.
She later did the additional essay to be reconsidered and within a week she was admitted to the honors college with an additional $13,000 scholarship and a professorial assistantship. So if you don’t get an honors college offer within 8-10 weeks of applying, I would recommend doing the additional essay and resubmit.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Would you mind sharing your kids stats? My kid is hoping for the honors college but will be going test optional