Michigan State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Some have heard that they are moving on and some have heard they got small scholarships. I have not heard of anyone hearing that they did not move on. We still have not heard anything.

My S23 hasn’t heard anything about ADS but got an email to write another essay for a chance at $5000 scholarship. He is burned out on writing essays and I don’t have the heart to push him. Did any other students receive this email or does anyone know what scholarship this is?

My son got that too. Also burned out on essays/asking for recs, so he isn’t doing it either.

Is it $5k per year or $5k total? My son would be delighted never to see another essay for the rest of his life!

It said renewable but I don’t know the conditions.

1 Like

It was the Gupta scholarship. Pretty sure everyone got that email.

4 Likes

Yup. Just checked with my son. Got it a while ago. Didn’t even mention it. Talk about burned out!

2 Likes

Same! I’m begging my kid to finish her Social Science Scholars essay.

Has anyone heard back from MSU about the ADS competition? No email to my kid yet.

1 Like

Nothing yet on our end! The anticipation is fierce!

Nothing here either.

1 Like

We haven’t heard anything. He did receive an email for the Gupta scholarship.

I so hate bothering MSU right now as they are likely having such a challenging time after their tragedy, but I just emailed admissions about the ADS and they wrote back right away (I love them!) and told me notifications will be sent out later in the week and to make sure to check email for updates. Good luck to all!

6 Likes

Thanks for the update!!!

1 Like

Just got an email from them that they removed the covid vax mandate to attend. Still waiting to hear about final financial aid?? How long does that take?

Got the email. No dice🤷🏼‍♀️

You got an email that you child did not make it to the next round? Is that right?

1 Like

Yeah. I kind of assumed that anyone who made it to the next round was already notified. So I wasn’t surprised.

I presume that as well. I guess my son will get the bad news today!

1 Like

Same here. But MSU has been generous with other merit aid.

1 Like