Michigan State University Early Action for Fall 2024 Admissions

TWolfe can I ask what date the application was filed? Just curious to see how long it might take in our case.

Did those who got acceptances today apply EA or rolling?

EA with application filed in mid-late September.

S24 applied on 8/25 and got accepted today (10/18). Also received Provost’s Scholarship and Presidential Study Abroad Scholarship.

Daughter instate, applied 10/8 and got accepted yday, 10/18. Now to wait and see whether the honors offer follows.

OOS acceptance today (10/19). App submitted 10/15. Did not expect to hear so fast! So happy for DS24 to have an acceptance as he works to finish up other EA apps by Nov. 1.

She applied in early/mid September.

Daughter got her acceptance yesterday with the max OOS scholarship as well as study abroad. Now we wait to see if she gets direct entry into Broad.

DS24 is in the same boat. Is there anything to do/check between now and February when Broad begins to admit? Are there more scholarships or honors stuff that require an app or essay? Or do we just wait for another email about as MSU status change? Febraury seems like a long time from now …

1 Like

Just wait for a status change. No additional essays needed. Son attended virtual webinar last night about honors college and they said it would be 6-8 weeks from acceptance for when you should hear if you are invited.

My son heard yesterday. We are OOS. Admitted with presidential scholarship and study abroad scholarship :smiley:

1 Like

My son was just accepted only 6 days after submitting application. We are happy and surprised because his stats are not “elite”. 3.5, 1270, good EXC, Varsity Soccer & Golf, OOS (NJ). Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Curious if anyone who has gotten their decision applied rolling as opposed to EA??

Has any one been offered admission into the honors college yet?

My daughter was admitted today!

2 Likes

How much in scholarship? What were her stats?

got decision within 8 days, applied EA but was taken as rolling

How long after the admittance did the honors offer arrive?

Usually 6-8 weeks after acceptance. Nothing else is needed to be done.

3.95UW, 34 ACT, lots of school clubs with some leadership but not amazing ECs.

Got the highest OOS scholarship + legacy + study abroad.

1 Like