Microtel or Wingate?

<p>Which is the better hotel? I’ll be using Wyndham points for my stay, so price isn’t a factor (although Microtel is 16K per night, Wingate 14K).</p>

<p>?</p>

<p>$16k per night? What?</p>

<p>Wingate is kind of far away from campus.</p>

<p>If the Microtel that you’re talking about is on 15th/Veterans, then that is nice and close to everything.</p>

<p>Yes I have that kind of cash, thanks to the UA scholarship.</p>

<p>It’s 16K Wyndham Rewards points, not dollars. It is the Microtel on Veterans. Aside from travel time, is one hotel any nicer than the other?</p>

<p>i think, of the two, wingate might be better, but that is just based on what people have said here. we usually stay at microtel. it is fine with us. we are trying wingate this time. </p>

<p>microtel is much closer to things you want to be close to.</p>

<p>The Wingate is nicer, but I don’t think it’s worth the extra miles. It’s not as if the Microtel isn’t nice…it is nice.</p>

<p>Is this for Bama Bound? If so, you’re hardly going to be in the hotel and it’s much better to be closer to campus. </p>

<p>The Wingate is 10 miles away from campus…that would be a pain to me.</p>

<p>Wingate is nicer but Microtel is more convenient.
I would say nicer by a smidge and more convenient by a smidge+. </p>

<p>If you stay at the Wingate, ask the front desk for the back way directions. It’s maybe 7 or 8 minutes away from campus.</p>

<p>Yes the back way is quicker but don’t go that way if it is your first visit to campus…it takes you thru some not so nice areas…</p>