Mid Year Report

Do you need to submit your mid year grades if you are accepted? Or is it only for those who are deferred?

Good question! Here is what the Admissions page says:

"Self-Report Grades

Applicants are expected to self-report their mid-year grades when prompted by email during the application process. To ensure a possible future admit decision is not in jeopardy of being cancelled, applicants must report their grades exactly as they appear on an official transcript or grade report that was issued by their school."

D17 hasn’t been prompted by e-mail, but the Mid-year Grades box did show up in her Student Center. Along with the fields to report letter grades, there is a box to report any new awards, honors, achievements, etc. or to report changes in your senior year schedule. Wondering if they just want to make sure those accepted are taking the courses they claimed in their application. At any rate, D is waiting to hear whether she has been named a National Merit Finalist so won’t be reporting anything till later this month when that decision comes out.

Update: My daughter just received an e-mail directing her to report her mid-year grades. So I guess it’s for accepted students as well as deferred.

My son’s Guidance Counselor said they sent the mid-year report through Naviance. Are you expected to self-report the grades separately anyway?

yes you are. They don’t require a mid-year report and this is the first year that they’ve used the Common Ap. You can always call to get clarification but self-reporting takes about 1 minute and just seems like the safe strategy.

My school sent mine in through Naviance and I updated my grades manually…I am an accepted Engineering student…not taking any chances!

I got accepted, and I had to enter mine manually.

Where do you enter them at?

@bwalts61 - student center.

Quick question, I already reported my grades, but my friend did not. Is there a due date for reporting grades because she doesn’t see the tab on her student center anymore…?

call the school and get them in.